Battle of the Bards

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah!" I got excited, not having that as a passing thought. 

I opened my inventory and quickly searched until I fished the harp out to hold, ready to strum for him. He just smiled big at me, loving my overexcitement. He put the flute to his lips and inhaled big, simply playing one note to hear how it sounds. I saw him crack a smile as he inhaled to play it again. He hit the same not but then fluently changed to a few other ones that flowed very well with the first. He slowly felt the tune, finished it off with a gentle fade out then repeated the tune again for me to follow. I began to strum just a few prominent notes in between at first, then when the flow was clear I began to accentuate and embellish the tune with grand notes and strong plucks. I gently faded out my portion to allow K to perform the whimsical tune one more time. K finally brought the root flute away from his mouth and smiled wide. 

"I very much look forward to using this, my darling. It was a very thoughtful gift." He graced with a nod. 

"I'm glad you like it. I look forward to more jam sessions with you." I laughed with a bit of a poke. 

"That would be wonderful." He smiled and held my cheek in his hand. 

I pushed my cheek into it and held his wrist as he did so. We both caught each others gaze and just stared for awhile. I felt closer to him somehow. We started to hear a commotion outside which led us both to go open the front doors. Within the main town square was a large gathering of joyful players dancing in circles with one another. Some Spriggan, some Undine, even a few Cat Sith. K did a good job at encouraging diversity in his territory. He didn't want his race to be as closed minded as our Salamander opposers. We deployed our wings and glided down towards the scene.

"What's going on here?" K asked as he landed first.

The residents all turned to speak, but one voice took precedent. 

"Oh, mighty Spriggan King! Tis an utmost pleasure to be graced by your presence. Please! Allow me, the No-Holds-Bard, to serenade you with a tribute in your honor!" A fancy attired man graced with a violin of some kind. 

It wasn't the traditional ones we're used to in the modern world, but rather a more medieval and whimsical design. The man had a feathered hat, striped clothes with frills, puffy pants and pointy shoes. He was very much a typical bard. 

"Sure, but start from the beginning." K smiled and the crowd cheered excitedly.

He put his arm around me and we watched in blissful unity. 

"There once was a time of reef and of thyme where most that reside were all terrified. The corruption had spread and hatred was bred until demons would thirst for the lost children's heads. Ancient anger fueled their greed in hopes of planting evil seeds which further drives their selfish need, unaware that they could bleed. The wake of their hate made embers rise, effectively shifting unfair tides when all had felt it was nearing demise, a hero was born to help us survive. A full crystal blade was tempered and made to condemn the most vengeful darkness to fade. He fought just enough, tho tedious and tough, and allowed us to thrive in our world filled with stuff. With corruption now freed and sovereignty indeed, our Crystal Swordsman sought out a greater need. A sweet found his eyes, it forced him alive and with her he knew he would absolutely thrive. A daughter was born, the goddess of war, and now the man knew what he had truly fought for. Oh, Crystal Swordsman! Oh, Crystal Sword! We're all in debt to the death of the horde! Oh, Crystal Swordsman! Oh, Crystal Sword! Humbly hear my chord!" The bard finished. 

The crowds cheered and I held K close. 

"That was wonderful, tho I feel the music could have been better." He smiled with a clap.