Chapter 19. END?

- Aizen-kun, we have guests, a white-haired girl in a light dress of identical color appeared next to the newborn God, gradually assuming her original appearance.

- Thank you, Ophis-chan," Aizen replied, glancing up at the cracked heavens, then turning his gaze to Michael and the other faction leaders. - Isn't it time you told me the reason I'm here? Medusa-chan, would you be so kind as to remove the barrier from our esteemed leaders?

The girl, who had removed her mask and flashed rune circles in her eyes, stood apart from the rank and file of the kneeling intelligentsia. She waved her hand and the net of barriers burst like inflated soap bubbles with a bang.

A golden lightning bolt separated from the group of creatures and appeared over the smiling Aizen's head, but no impact followed. Behind Michael's back, an old gray-haired man in a black butler's suit materialized out of the gray mist, easily holding back the archangel's blow with a snow-white cane made of bone.

- Please forgive me, Michael, but I can't allow you to touch our God, - the butler's whisper resounded over the whole field of battle and pierced to the bottom of my soul. - Unfortunately, your time has not yet come, so I cannot punish you. But... you have already punished yourself with your rash actions.

Michael bounced back, frowning at his wings, which were gradually turning black. The golden halo cracked and crumbled with golden dust caught in the air.

- What are you? - The former archangel didn't seem to care about his fall and his blackened hair. There were several things that bothered him more than anything right now, including the ease with which this old man held back a mighty archangel attack capable of destroying the city.

- My name is Death," the butler opened his dark eyes slowly, smiling at the corners of his lips, "White Rider.

A pale bone horse materialized behind the man, and his voice echoed in an otherworldly roar through the space of worlds.

- You cannot be Death. He shattered her soul and sealed the shards in the far corners of the underworld. Even He could not bring it all back, let alone the impostor behind your back!

- Is it possible to destroy a concept? - the old man wondered aloud, stroking his chin. - Is it possible to destroy death? No. My lord brought me back, gave me my identity and the meaning of existence. If you continue to interrupt His speech, I will destroy you and your soul. This is a warning.

Aizen clapped his hands twice, turning his gaze to the hundreds of Gods from all the mythologies who had finally broken through the barrier and come to the call of the birth of a new Deity, and then said:

- Greetings, Gods of this world. My name is Aizen. Aizen Sousuke. Please remember the name of the man who is going to destroy each and every one of you if you choose to go against me and my purpose," a purple barrier grew around Aizen's army, holding back several attacks launched by the furious Gods. - Please, let me speak. You have two choices: either you're with me, or you're against me, which is tantamount to true death. I give you six months to think about it, after which I will start a war for the Faith and destroy each and every one of you.

- DEUS VULT!" the wise men behind the boy's back exclaimed together.

- Why do you want that? - The old man in the blue-and-white robe asked.

The deity held a magical spear in his hands, Gungnir, and looked curiously at the newborn "Godgod" for throwing around such interesting phrases. The man stroked his long white beard and smiled broadly.

This had not happened for a very long time, and the birth of the head of the Pantheon from a human had never happened at all. Odin was bored, and here was a newborn God stirring up a war of faith... oh, how similar to the past Biblical God. Odin, like any of the heads of the Pantheons, knew full well that he was dead - the strongest Gods sense the death of their own kind.