Chapter 5

- Sona, Tsubaki, calm down. - The guy with the glasses melanchologically closed his eyes, inhaling the magical aroma from the porcelain cup. - Let's have some tea. I want to say that your tea is excellent.

- Don't you realize what I've been up to? - The demoness was beginning to boil over, looking at the guy quietly sipping tea, as if he and a porcelain cup were the only things left in the world. - We had just finished our explanatory talk, and the next day you, for the first time ever, don't come to the academy!

Tsubaki, taking a few small sips from her cup, nodded silently, agreeing with her mistress' words.

- It's a good thing your parents called, though not at the right time, and warned me that you were sick. - Sona continued, and sighed heavily, beginning to calm her anger.

She caught herself again thinking that this was completely atypical of her behavior. She should be cold and stern, both to herself and to those around her, but for some reason she yelled at this man, as if he didn't hear or see her, left alone with her... with her tea.

No, she understood that these emotions were likely to have erupted because of several factors, including responsibility, words of friendship, and... what the last factor was, Sitri could never figure out, deciding to shake her head and clear her mind of the detrimental influence of her thoughts.

Hmm, and also... Neo switched to "you." With both her and Tsubaki.

Sona did not immediately notice this nuance, deciding first to have a moral conversation and reprimand this... though what's there to reprimand him for? He had done nothing wrong, and owed her nothing.

Sitri paced from side to side in the office for a few more minutes, looming over the boy's expressionless gaze, radiating unbreakable serenity, then stopped, rubbed the bridge of her nose and with one last judgmental glance at Mori, sighed heavily.

Whatever she thought or tried to justify her outburst of anger, it was wrong. To lash out at an innocent man... And this is her, the "ice princess" of the Sitri clan! Actually, that phrase could have been shortened to: she flared up at a human being!

Why would she do that? Hmm, or else... does she unconsciously see Neo as a pet?

"Pet"?

- Neo, I'm sorry I snapped at you, but your absence was extremely unexpected and gave rise to a lot of bad thoughts. Especially since we had agreed to meet, and the fact that the first time you will be escorted by your familiars or someone from the student council - for a reason, you know. - She said slowly, taking a seat on the chair and putting her glasses on the table.

- It's okay, Sona, I'm not angry. On the contrary, I'm glad you care so much about me. - Her left eye twitched, and Tsubaki laughed softly, but immediately coughed when she saw her friend's warning look.

- I'm not worried about anything! It's just that I, as the highest demoness and president of the student council, who dragged you into the demon world, am responsible for you. - The girl barely made herself scarlet and bit her tongue.

Satan! She didn't need to turn into a tsundere, as her sister had called the girl more than once or twice. Ugh!

- Tea is a quiet drink, don't you think?

From the abrupt change in the topic of conversation and the faint smile on Mori's lips, the girl fell into a stupor for a moment, but quickly pulled herself together.

- A drink is like a drink. - Sonja thought she was being mocked. But the guy's calm and thoughtful face quickly dismissed these silly thoughts. Why such questions and abrupt change of subject at all?