OO2

panting. only the sound of heavy breathing and the thudding of footsteps pounding desperately against wet ground could be heard. everything else was muffled, almost as if the breathing was amplified to beat against eardrums.

the small pricks against the skin from haphazardly pushing past branches covered in sharp thorns and leaves as it drew the tiniest of droplets of blood. that along with the aching of feet was all that could be felt physically. everything else felt as though it had gone numb.

everything hurt and the panic and fear that fogged the brain was only making all the panic and pain worse. with every breath that was drawn in the more the pain settled in, feeling like daggers in the lungs. then almost as suddenly as it started, everything began to fade into black, as if the abyss itself was consuming it.

"help me..."

-

2 hours prior

"w-what?" the words flew out of the omega's mouth before he could even realize and process what he had been saying. it wasn't like he hadn't already had an idea of what was going on with his body, he even took an at-home test. so why was the male acting like it was such a huge shock to him? almost as if the doctor hadn't understood the meaning behind the distraught omegas 'what' of disbelief, they repeated themselves. 

"you're six weeks pregnant." once more the words rang through wooyoung's ears and he covered his mouth to keep anything that threatened to come out within his body. the male excused himself, in a daze as his thoughts overwhelmed him. all the negative things that he could think were swirling through his mind at the moment, until one stood out to him. 

"they'll kill the baby if they find out"

this thought alone had wooyoung doubled over in the hallway of the clinic, one hand still over his mouth and the other flying to his stomach as if to protect it the bump that wasn't even there yet. forcing himself up, the male knew he had to do something or his worse thoughts would come true. although he didn't even know whose child it was, it was still his own blood and the thought of any harm coming to it made him nauseous. his natural parental instincts had already kicked in and he was only 6 weeks into his first trimester. 

finding his way back to his packs house, there were beads of sweat building on his forehead under his bangs, as pieces began to stick to forming liquid. he was a mess and he knew questions were going to be asked about where he had gone and why. immediately the excuses and lies began forming, trying to choose the best one that they would believe. 

as the male was trying to sneak back to his room, which was just the attic that they used for storage, a voice called out from behind him, the tone dripping with slight anger.  

"and just where have you been? mutt" the voice sent shivers down his spine as he turned to the pack leader, swallowing the lump in his throat that threatened to release everything he had eaten prior, which wouldn't have been much. 

"i w-went to the- the uh town clinic. i wasn't feeling good during my walk so i stopped by to get some medicine" his voice trailed off at the end as the alpha stared him down from the end of the hallway. wooyoung wasn't sure if he had bought it or not, but he wasn't about to take any chances so he continued his excuse. "i just got back and the doctor told me to rest because i have a slight cold. so i was heading to my room to go lay down after taking my medicine." wooyoung even partially held up the white paper bag that he had in his hand. it was indeed medicine, but not for a fever or cold, but for his morning sickness. 

the alpha narrowed his eyes at the omega, letting out a throaty growl before nodding his head as if dismissing wooyoung back to whatever he was doing. the omega bowed his head slightly and immediately turned away, heading up to the attic as normally as he could. he once again swallowed the feeling in his throat, followed by a sigh of relief as he closed his door behind him, slumping against it since he could barely feel his legs. the whole encounter had made him even more nervous than before and his legs had begun to feel like jello with every second that passed in front of the alpha.