OO1

the sound of birds chirping and a loud crash filled the room enveloped in darkness, giving a warning that it was now early morning and that the sleepless alpha should be getting out of bed now. an annoyed groan escaped from under the dark grey covers followed by sounds of shuffling and movement. a moment later and strands of brunette hair were peeking past the blanket before they were thrown to the side, revealing the topless alpha. 

it took a moment for him to finally swing his legs off his bed and to pull his body upright into a sitting position, head tucked into his hands with his eyes still closed. the male currently had the biggest headache, regretting his decision of staying up till right before the sun began to rise. he had just bought a new game recently and was determined to get hours in, which he clearly did not think about the consequences. taking a minute to wake himself up, the alpha placed his feet on the cold wood floor, the temperature sending shocks through his body which woke up him up ever so slightly.  

picking himself up and off the bed, he finally managed to trudge his way out of his room and down the stairs, mainly going to see what the loud crash was that interrupted his sleep. when he arrived at the main living room, he wasn't that surprised to see mingi and his younger brother going at it in their never-ending arm wrestling matches to see who the strongest between the two. eyeing the surroundings, san had found the cause of the noise. it looked like they had accidentally knocked over one of the floor lamps, causing the lampshade to crack and the lightbulb inside to shatter. 

san rolled his eyes and walked past the two immature idiots, heading toward the kitchen for a glass of cold water to help speed up his wake-up process. the scents he picked up on his way alerted him to the presence of the pack luna as well as yeosang who was his brother's mate. along with their mixed scents, was the smell of breakfast being made, the hints of cinnamon, and bacon, as well as a hint of what smelt like freshly squeezed oranges, whatever it was brought a slight wave of comfort to wash over the alpha. letting out a sigh, the male entered the room, greeting the two omegas with a slight wave in their direction as he moved around them to grab himself a glass and fill it with the orange juice in the pitcher that was sitting out. 

hongjoong had given him a look of disapproval at the youngers actions but said nothing against it. as the alpha found himself a seat at the counter, he watched as the two omegas chatted amongst themselves, working together to effortlessly finish cooking the breakfast for 7 mouths. all was peaceful as the omegas ignored san's topless presence and as the mentioned male sipped at his cold glass of orange juice, his thoughts empty as he stared down at a crack in the counter. 

soon enough a new presence had been felt by san and he immediately turned his attention to the door leading into the kitchen to greet the figure. from behind the door appeared the pack leader, seonghwa who greeted all three of them, finding himself pulled towards his mate who was busy flipping over a batch of pancakes so they wouldn't burn. as seonghwa wrapped himself around the smaller male, san found himself rolling his eyes at the gesture, immediately turning himself away from the scene. 

san was iffy when it came to the word mate. he believed the ancestors had it out for him or something. everyone always described feeling a desire or a small tug even before knowing who their mate was or where they were. the alpha felt none of those things, he felt empty. there was no tug, no pull, no strange magnetic attraction or anything of the sorts for him. after so long of him and the others trying this and that to see if he could sense his mate, he just gave up on the idea and settled with the new idea that maybe he was the odd man out. that the ancestors just forgot to make him a mate or something like that. as everyone gathered into the kitchen at the call of their head alpha to come eat breakfast, san was slowly drifting off into his own mind, body relaxed into the chair. it almost felt like he was dreaming of something... but something that felt real, almost as if he was experiencing it himself. 

it wasn't the first time this has happened. the alpha constantly found himself drifting off with what he assumed was memory like dreams taking over his brain. he had explained it to the others but no one really knew what he was talking about so he just assumed it was another one of those weird things about him. with the alpha basically disassociating in his seat and knowing there was nothing they could do to pull him back from it, the others moved around the alpha and continued with their business of eating and enjoying their freshly homecooked breakfast. 

-

panting. only the sound of heavy breathing and the thudding of footsteps pounding desperately against wet ground could be heard. everything else was muffled, almost as if the breathing was amplified to beat against eardrums. 

the small pricks against the skin from haphazardly pushing past branches covered in sharp thorns and leaves as it drew the tiniest of droplets of blood. that along with the aching of feet was all that could be felt physically. everything else felt as though it had gone numb. 

everything hurt and the panic and fear that fogged the brain was only making all the panic and pain worse. with every breath that was drawn in the more the pain settled in, feeling like daggers in the lungs. then almost as suddenly as it started, everything began to fade into black, as if the abyss itself was consuming it. 

"help me..."  

1025 words