explanations

time to learn about the omegaverse that features in my story 

alphas : the highest in terms of hierarchy  in the universe. they tend to be looked up to for their strength. they can impregnate any second gender no matter what their first gender is. they experience what is called a rut, the alpha equivalent of heat for omegas. 

(second gender refers to alpha, beta and omega while first gender refers to male, female and so on) 

betas : usually the second in command in a pack, serving the pack leader. they are the second highest in hierarchy but usually are seen as common humans. most of the time they are left out of the universe (as you saw in the introductions there were no betas but that does not mean they do not exist, it is just that none of the main characters are a beta) they are able to be impregnated by alphas and are also able to impregnate omegas, although the chances for either of these are extremely low. 

omegas : the lowest of the hierarchy. in many universes they are seen as weak and feeble and many times you will see that the trope is that people think omegas are useless, only there to pleasure alphas and breed babies. this will be similar here in this story but not as heavy, but it will be mentioned time to time. (think of it as a fading subject almost like how people have grown more open minded to the subject of lgbtq+, usually only the elders view omegas as disgusting and so on) they are able to be impregnated by alphas and betas. they have what is known as heat, a time where they experience extreme sexual desires, and it is usually when omegas are considered the most fertile. omegas tend to become extremely needy and will try to seek out any alpha or beta they can to fulfill the desires. 

the bond / mates : many describe being able to feel a pull to their mate when they are close, or even when they are far away. almost as if there is a call to their other half.  when their mate is found, there is the irresistible urge to bond with them. this usually consists of sexual intercourse and a claiming mark over the scent gland found at the base of the neck where it meets the right shoulder.  when two wolves are bonded / have mated, their scents will mix, letting other wolves know that they belong to someone else, that they have already been claimed. the mark given when bonding becomes permanent unless the bond is broken by one of the parties. the mark will only fade if their mate dies.