Shiver Through The Cold, Shiver Through The Fear

Heyyyyy. Me again. I know I'm early but I have some news...

ANOTHER BOOK IS BEING RELEASED...
Yup, It's called: Pup of The Wolfpack, and it's a little story where on a mission the Wolfpack discover an interesting little girl on a mission in a war ridden planet, what will they do with her? If it interests you just tap my user and find the only other book other then this one.

This is what the cover looks like ⬆️

This is what the cover looks like ⬆️. Art is NOT mine but wow is it really cool. Fonts are also part of a collage app.

NOW onto the update...
(Crosshair is in this 🥳 he returned after/during the events of ep. 8)

Shiver Through the Cold, Shiver Through the Fear.
(TBB)

Tired. They just barley got topside of the now submerged Tapocia City. They were all utterly exhausted, even though they didn't show it. Omega looked back at the place she once considered  home. The only part of her Kaminoen life she still had was her now drenched & freezing medical tunic. She bit back tears trying to fight the overwhelming emotions coming over her just then. Not now! She was not crying in front of her brothers! She couldn't let Hunter's rescue be all about her traumatic childhood. That could wait. It's not that she didn't trust them it's just that she didn't want to burden them with her problems when they had to worry about more pressing matters. At least that was what she was told on Kamino. Prioritize important tasks, then deal with your problems. She was just never was taught differently.

Once they got inside the Marauder everyone got situated while they flew off the normally stormy planet. Omega wanted nothing more then to sleep but her mind was going a mile a minute. She walked into the cockpit with her blanket from the gunner's mount and set it on the floor near where the chairs were by Hunter and Crosshair as she started to think about the fact that her childhood home for all intents purposes was truly gone.

Even though all the horrifying images of her past that took place in that lab, she couldn't help but be a little sad about it's destruction. After all, it wasn't all bad.

Then more images of test tubes, raging storms, and regs bullying her filled her head. She started to shake a little remembering those dreaded memories of her 'home'. She snapped out of her trance when she realized that if she didn't stop it Hunter or Crosshair would catch her movements.

She dialled down her fearful shaking but couldn't help the fact that she was freezing from her drenched clothing. She didn't regret going underwater either time but now she was freezing cold as a result.

What she didn't know was that Hunter did pick up on a little movement but didn't really put 2&2 together and realize that she wasn't just fidgeting like Tech does. Unlike Omega they had insulated armour so they were fine by the time they reached the Marauder.

By now Omega was failing at attempting to keep her shivers in. Hunter finally noticed they weren't bored fidgets so he walked over and knelt to her level. "You okay Omega?" Her mind was racing so she shook her head no and mumbled "Hunter I'm cold" her voice was so small but Hunter caught it.

The others looked to her smaller form to see her shivering in her small space. She looked at Hunter with pleading eyes. He got the silent message and helped her to the back of the ship. She gripped his hand and he almost flinched because of how cold it was.

Tears started to form in her eyes. She tried to stop them, thinking about how her brothers have been shot before and they don't cry. But after trying it was no use, the same images kept popping into her head.

Once they reached Hunter's bunk he heard her sniffle causing him to whip his head around to see her crying. He lifted her onto his bunk just realizing how cold her tunic was. "What's wrong Omega?" He said as he reached under his bunk and pulled out a storage container. "It's finally gone" she said shaking. He stoped looking for a pair of spare blacks he had and wrapped her in a warm hug. What did they do to her. He thought to himself. "Yeah kid, we're safe".

He placed the blacks in her hands and waited outside the fresher. When she came out she looked physically better but there was still those images in the back of her head but they were soon gone when she realized how big Hunter's blacks were. She giggled at how big the arms and legs were. The sight was absolutely adorable.

Once she got her hair all dry, she swung the oversized sleeves around a couple times, accidentally lightly hitting Hunter in the process. She was scared at first then remembered it's not Kamino and giggled a bit. Hunter caught her heartbeat spike for a moment when she originally knocked him. He personally didn't care she got him with the sleeve, it was an accident and personally he thought it was cute. That and the fact he's used to Wrecker's "playful punches" so this was nothing.

His concern was why Omega was so afraid at the moment. He really didn't feel like making that smile fall at the moment but he'd be sure to ask her about it later. For the time being he let out a laugh and helped her roll up the lengthy blacks.

Before they left for the cockpit again Hunter grabbed one of his bigger blankets and handed it to Omega. She gave him a big hug after taking it. They made their way to the cockpit. Omega laid her blanket down first and then tried to get Hunter's unfolded. Echo saw the opportunity and took it as he swiftly unfolded it and lightly tossed it over her. He laughed slightly when he saw her little arms sticking out to try and find her way out. Eventually Crosshair took pity on her and gave her a little help. Once her blonde hair stuck out he ruffled her hair and sat back down.

Hunter watched in amusement, he'd never seen Crosshair this soft. Then again Omega has that affect on people. It barley showed but she was definitely his new favourite.

Speaking of Crosshair, more and more he saw that she wasn't a replacement for him. As much as he hated to admit it he would've been able to withstand the Empire's cruel treatment longer and better then she could've alone.

The plan would be to head back to Ord Mantel and lay low for a bit before going on missions. It'd be boring for a bit but they needed the break. Eventually they'd return to their old ways of constant missions but not today. For now they'd just relax in the quiet ship and enjoy the rare downtime they've received.

Have a good day/night! -TheWolfpack104