“Hi,” I greet as I strap my seat belt on.

He slams his foot on the accelerator, ignoring my greeting.

“You know, when someone greets you the least you can do is respond” I frown.

“I didn't hear. Next time” is his curt reply.

I keep my mouth shut.

It's going to be over in less than a month. No worries. You're not engaging this asshole for real.

The buildings around us get taller and the streets get narrower. I glance at Reid who doesn't say a word to me the entire ride. His eyes are constantly fixed on the road.

Isn't that what you always tell him? To keep his eyes on the road? My conscience quips.

I sigh quietly and turn my attention out my own window, watching the crowds of people on the sidewalks coming in and out of businesses and apartments. I lean my head against the window and hum along to the low music on the radio. I don't realize I've zoned out the rest of the entire ride till I feel the car come to a stop. I look out the window and gasp sharply.

Holy shit!

A majestic building rises, and I can't guess how high it is, as it stands on a hill. Two men in uniform rush to open a gate that must weigh a ton and Reid drives up a steep driveway lined with palm trees.

This is what I'm fake engaging into?

The sunset makes everything even more spectacular, and the white marble shimmers in the golden glow. Huge white domes rise from the structure. I subconsciously count seven, but it looks like are more obscured behind the wall of even more palm trees that make up the perimeter.

As I get closer, the marvels keep revealing themselves. A massive pool of fountains rises out of the driveway which is more like a massive motorway than a driveway.

This is a bad idea.

“We're here” Reid finally speaks up casually as he makes the car come to a complete stop.

I clutch my purse and start to climb out, but I'm stopped by a tight hand around my wrist. It tugs me back into the seat.

“What happened?” I look down at Reid's hand and he loosens his grip.

If he felt this was a bad idea too then I was all for it to go back to our fake house.

“Aileen, I apologize” he speaks out.

I give him a confused look.

“What for?” I ask.

I lock eyes with him and the warm feeling I feared to feel creeps in.

You just admire him because he's surprisingly a good person. Nothing more.

I hold his gaze, trying not to flinch or look away. Reid's eyes leave mine and sweep across my face as if he's studying me.

“Everything” he sighs. “I know...” he pauses as if he's choosing his words carefully, “... I know it wasn't fair for me to drag you into this. It's my problem and I should have dealt with it the right way... like you said.”

I scoff lightly.

“You're helping me out too, Armani. It's the only way to make sure no one takes what's mine. And so it's perfectly okay.”

Reid shakes his head and an unfamiliar look comes over him. The slight slump I see in his shoulders tells me that he's not as cocky and disrespectful as he plays out to be.