20. Days

⚠️TW: Violence⚠️

jisung knew that he couldn't avoid going home anymore. it had been weeks since he had set foot in his house. although this time he wasn't alone. after much begging and persuasion jisung let minho come with him. he knew that this wouldn't end well but he hoped that it would be okay in the end.

as the two walked up the sidewalk in front of jisungs house, minho could feel the tension rolling off of him.

"hannie baby everything will be okay." minho whispered with a reassuring smile. to be honest he didn't know if the former statement was true but he would do anything to try and soothe jisung.

instead of giving a verbal response the younger settled for a small nod and smile but this was more than enough for the older.

finally they had reached the door. jisung took a final deep breath before reaching for the handle and pushing open. his father had a habit of leaving the door unlocked.

as he entered the building the first thing that he noticed was the overwhelming smell of alcohol, a smell that he had far from missed. broken glass littered the floor and trash filled any gaps where the glass hadn't reached. jisung really was the only way this house survived.

as he stepped further inside he heard someone calling from the other room, "is that you slut? finally home? thought you could just skip out on me and i wouldn't notice?"

just from listening to his fathers voice he could tell that he was sober. when jisungs father was sober he was the most violent.

"yes i am home. father this is my friend minho." jisung said, trembling slightly.

"damn faggot i'm not an idiot. you don't think i know what you've been doing. you've been over at this boys house sucking his dick in exchange for money or probably drugs. oh a little ring on your finger i bet you think he loves you too." his father said, devoid of all emotion. "oh that's right i can tell by the look on your face. well you probably brought him along to lessen the punishment but you think that i won't beat the living shit out of the both of you?"

"yes father minho is my boyfriend. he will be leaving now." jisung turned to look at minho urging him outside.

once outside jisung pulled minho in for a tight hug. minho felt like something was wrong but he didn't know what.

"thank you for bringing me home min but i will be fine from here. thank you. i love you and i will see you later." jisung said trying to hide the tears forming in his eyes. he really did not want to go back inside.

"sung are you sure you want me to leave? i don't think that you are safe in there." minho said desperation and worry lacing his voice.

"you have to baby but don't worry everything will be ok and i will call you later." jisung said pulling the love of his life in for a sweet kiss, yet for some reason it felt like the last.

———————————————————

after saying goodbye to minho jisung slowly made his way back inside. he tried to quietly sneak up the stairs but he wasn't quick enough.

"jisung come here." those words echoed through his mind. his father never called him by his name.

"so you have a boyfriend now isn't that cool. you get to suck his sick and be the slut you are. well i have news for you. faggots can't live in my house. now you probably think i'm about to kick you out but no. i'm going to send you to be with your mom."

this sent jisung into shock. his mother? as far as he knew his mother was missing and no one knew why.

"my mom? where?" jisung wondered out loud.

"oh don't worry it's a very short trip actually. just a few steps out the back door and then six feet under. i dug you a nice new home right next to hers."

now jisung couldn't even process this. this whole time he was told that his mother was missing, that she was still out there, alive. he thought that he still had hope of seeing her again. but now it was if a ton of bricks had been dropped on his chest. he couldn't breathe. she was right here the whole time.

"and it was all your fault. after she had you she wanted nothing to do with me. you were everything to her. she started screaming when i would touch her and told me how terrible i was. you ruined her. it made me so angry that one night i snapped and i killed her. it was all your fault. i lost my wife because of you." he was practically screaming by the end.

"how could you? you took her away from me. you took the only person who made me happy away from me!" jisung screamed at his father, instantly regretting his decision.

"well don't you worry you are going to visit her soon." his father said approaching him slowly.

frantically jisung pulled out his phone and called minho. as it was dialing his father landed the first punch. repeatedly smashing jisungs face into the ground. he kicked, slapped, and punched the frail boy relentlessly. jisung tried to fight back but he was getting too tired. eventually he just let the hits come silently praying that minho picked up the phone and would save him.

it was as if his prayers had been answered because minho came busting through the front door but at the same time his father took something out of his pocket and said, "are you tired jisung, we'll go to sleep now."

just before minho could make it jisung felt searing pain in his abdomen. he looked at the area only to see a kitchen knife plunged deep into his abdomen and blood pooling rapidly.

it was at this time that minho reached the scene but it was too late. the damage had been done. an ambulance had been called on minhos walk over along with the police and they were arriving now but this was all a blur to jisung. he looked up at minhos beautiful face and just smiled.

"min baby i'm so tired i think i'll take a nap now." the younger said in a sweet voice.

"no no no jisung you can't sleep now you have to stay awake. stay with me please. we are going to the hospital and everything will be okay. you can't leave me yet. we still have to get married someday and have kids. please stay awake." minho rambled but it was no use jisungs eyes still fluttered closed and all minho could do was cry.

jisung was loaded up into the ambulance and his father was arrested. minho sat in the back holding onto the love of his life's hand.

——————————————————

all that could be heard was the steady beeping of a heart monitor. and the sniffling of lee minho beside it. don't lose hope yet, han jisung is a fighter.

AUTHORS NOTE: wow this was an intense chapter. sorry about jisungs mom it just felt right. also i wanted to say that i will be going on a two week break as i have a week of camping and then a wedding to prepare for so i'm sorry but i promise to be back. thank you all for the support and i will be back soon!!

XOXO THE AUTHOR