1. Not the First Time

"god damn you stupid fucking cocksucking slut," jisungs father slurred once again too drunk to function properly, "if it wasn't for you i would be so happy and your mother would still love me. fuck you you stupid piece of shit excuse for a man!" after his father finished speaking, a fist collided with jisungs cheekbone. this was not the first time that his alcoholic father took his anger out on his son.

the fists didn't stop this time. his father kept punching, slapping, kneeing, and clawing at the boy. when his father finally stopped, jisung stumbled out the front door.

——————————————————
"oh my god sung not again," felix exclaimed after he opened his door only to be met with his best friend. except this didn't look like his best friend, this frankly didn't even look like a person. in front of him was jisung covered in blood, bruises, cuts and blood flowing from his wounds.

"lix can you please take me to the hospital" the older barely mumbled before he lost all consciousness.

—————————————————
when jisung came to, all he felt was pain. he eventually got the strength to open his eyes only to be met by blinding artificial light. the light made the pain ten times worse.

"oh god sung," felix said while jumping out of his seat to get the nurse. it was only now that the older realized the IV in his arm as the nurse pumped an unknown fluid through the tubing.

"hi lixie," he rasped, attempting to smile at his best friend, "thank you for bringing me here." before the younger even got the chance to answer, a slightly older very attractive woman walked through the door.

"hello i am doctor kim, but please call me dahyun," the woman spoke with a genuine smile , "you must be mr. han, i am very happy that you are awake!"

"hello miss, i am felix his best friend," the blonde male spoke up from his seat, "can you please tell us the damage?"

"of course. mr. han has suffered quite a few serious injuries. he has three broken ribs, his nose is broken, he has two broken fingers, and a partially collapsed lung. he has several quite deep lacerations that required stitches. he also has around half a dozen gnarly bruises. last but not certainly not least, he has a concussion but luckily no permanent brain damage." she explains with a deep sigh, "mr han can you please tell me what happened? these are some quote serious injuries."

"oh uhm........ i was on a hiking trip and...... fell pretty badly? yep." he said more as a question than an answer.

"are you sure mr. han?" dahyun asked receiving a nod from the mentioned male, "well then according to your file you are under the age of eighteen which means that we need to contact a parent or guardian, but you don't have one on file. who should we call?"

"call this number," felix said while handing dahyun his older brothers number, "this is jisungs father." this was not the first time that the two had ended up in the emergency room due to jisungs father, therefore felix's older brother has been called in this situation more than once.

———————————————————
"jisung you cannot go back to that house!" felix huffed as jisung asked to go home, "he almost killed you sung!"

"felix i have to. he is my father no matter what. i have to go back, that is my home the place i live! look lix i don't want to go back but we both know what happens if i don't." jisung said, shivering a bit as he finished.

at this memory felix visibly flinched. you see this specific event that seems to cause so much negative emotions was absolutely horrific. after being beat badly by his father, jisung attempted to run away. he made it to felix's house and it seemed like everything was going to be ok, but as you may know that's almost never the case.

once jisungs father got drunk and angry again, he went searching for his son. when he found him, well let's say that that instance was the closest jisung has ever been to death. after he was unconscious his father locked him in the basement for several weeks. it was a quite traumatic experience and the friends agreed to never speak of it again.

"yes believe me i remember," felix sighed, knowing that he wouldn't win, "but sung i love you so much and it's so hard to sit by and watch you get abused everyday. you are worth so much i wish that you would see it! you are my best friend, my platonic soulmate, i cannot live without you. I'm afraid that if you stay in that house much longer, i'm going to lose you. i cannot lose you..." he broke off in tears.

"lix i love you so much, i promise that everything is going to get better. i have to go now. i'll see you at school tomorrow." the older forces a smile, "one more thing, can i borrow your concealer again?"