Chapter 17: It Unravels

(WARNING: The end Implies some explicit material. It's more towards the end, I do suggest not skipping as it is conjoined with a major plot point and skipping might leave you confused.)

Natsu's POV:

I don't remember when I passed out but I didn't want to wake up. It was so warm and soft, completely different from the cold hard balcony that had become my bed. I haven't slept this good in a long while, it was so refreshing, but the strong light hitting my face made it hard to sleep any longer.

Reluctantly, I forced my eyes open before sitting up. Looking around I blinked a few times. I was in a bed and was covered...'What happened last night?' I couldn't remember much after Uncle Leo got home. I must have fallen asleep. I looked down and saw I was in my white shirt and shorts from yesterday but my blue top was hanging over the back of a chair.

A knock rang threw, causing me to flinch, "Uh...Yeah..C-Come in?" I tried to sound calm but I think it was obvious I was caught off guard.

"Good you're awake, I was worried I would have to wake you up myself." Fuegeoleon chimed as he came threw the door. He was holding a tray with two glasses of what looked like water and two plates. "Morning...why aren't I in my room?"

Rubbing the back of his neck, "well, your mother was asleep and I didn't want to wake her so I figured I would put you in my room for the night." He stated calmly. "I think I should apologize for keeping the game going for so long," he said as he put the tray down on the bedside table.

I scooted over to the edge of the bed, letting my feet hang over the edge. "That's right, the game..." I reach out and grabbed one of the glasses of water, quenching my thirst before sighing in relief. happy that the itching in my throat was gone, I shot my gaze back up at Leon. "So tell me...Who won? It was definitely me, right?" I asked excitedly, kicking my feet back and forth.

Chuckling Leon shook his head, "Unfortunately, No. I hate to tell you but you lost. Even though the game lasted much longer than anticipated You were "it" much longer than I was, about 5 hours give or take a minute."

I groaned and flopped down on the bed. "That's not fair, you're a squad captain. So you obviously would have won." I pouted. Looking to my left when I felt the bed dip, Leon had sat down on it. "Don't be so down, you did amazingly well. Far better than I expected." He said grabbing my arm and pulling me back into a sitting position.

"Sure you were no match, but there were many times I was caught off guard... Or are you forgetting.." He paused and lightly tapped his nose which was still a dark purple, causing him to flinch a little. " I said this yesterday and I will say it again; you are unpredictable and that is an amazing advantage. I know very few people who can fight without planning out their next moves. Let's not forget your other strengths; your flexibility for one and your brain, in other words, you are a rather quick learner."

I nervously looked away, not used to the praise. It was rather embarrassing but I really wanted him to keep going. "But.." He paused. Confused I looked up only to be met with a hand in front of my face, he then flicked my forehead, "Hey what was that for!" I yelled gripping where he flicked.

"You are also a hot head and you don't think anything through. You use your body as fauter and you rely too much on your magic."

Every insult felt like an arrow through my chest but he didn't take that as a sign to stop, "Your form is sloppy and your spells are weak, you only have your heat to back them up. your combat skills are mediocre at best and you don't have the best balance either.

"What happened to the compliments," I whined. He arched his brow and chuckled, "Can't have you getting a big head. If all you got were compliments then you would never grow." He said as he grabbed one of the plates and gave it to me. It was pancakes and some bacon along with some fruit the second plate was the same, most likely for him. Grumbling I reluctantly grabbed it and started to chow down. He started doing the same.