Chapter 7: Adjusting

Natsu POV:

It wasn't much longer until Leon brought me to the room I woke up in. Aunt and Uncle Leona and Leo chose to let us talk alone. I Hopped onto the bed, sitting on the edge, waiting for him to start talking. He didn't say anything so I took the liberty, "So what now....?"

Leon took a deep breath; glancing at the door, hopping for the awkwardness floating in the air, "You will stay here, you are my daughter and I will raise you as such.." raising a brow. "What do you mean by that?" I questioned, not liking the idea of the big change.

"Well I'm...I'm not sure myself but you will be tutored of course, and you will start basic training, to control your mana. Well, and you will also be taught in different mannerisms and suitable behaviors." he started droning on and on listing things. 'I have to do all of that? Why? What does he mean by suitable behaviors?' "You will also prepare for an overdue, announcement ceremony," I raise my hand stopping him. He froze, snapping out of his lecture, "....Yes?"

Bring my hand down and to my chin, "What's an "announcement ceremony" is it important?" he took a few moments to answer, probably thinking of the right way to say it, "If I was to put it into words...It's an introduction to high society, all members of the royal family do it...But this ceremony normally takes place when the child is about five-years-old." Groaning I look up to him," Do I have to do it if I'm so late, maybe we could-", "We are not skipping it, it is vital to tradition. Think of it as an announcement of your presence." he emphasizes the importance of the event.

Quickly shaking the thought away he continues, "Anyways, I wanted you to get comfortable with your new life before you worry about anything of that sort." Not really feeling better about the situation, I hug myself. I wasn't sure how to continue this talk and it was starting to become uncomfortable, "what do I do until then?"

Completely composed, he stands up, "well I will have a tutor come by to start your lessons next week, and until then," he spreads his arms and gestures to his surroundings, "Explore. Do what you wish. This castle is over 500-years-old, I'm sure you can find something to do. There is also someone that I think you might want to see again." he crosses his arms and smiles at me, "However, until your ceremony you will not be able to leave the castle. Which means you cant head into town nor go outside the castle walls until the ceremony is over and done with." he holds his hand out for me to take, wanting to lead me somewhere.

I hesitate but slowly reach out to grab it, just before touching it I look at him, "so who was it you were talking about?" his smile became more welcoming, "Someone by the name of Sig, was it? Yes th-"I didn't let him finish, especially when I heard that name. I jump and grab his hand, shocking him, "WHY DIDNT YOU SAY SO LET'S GO!!" I start to yank his arm, pulling him behind me. My back hit the closed door causing me to pause. I let go of Leon's arm and turn around, I hear him snort and little and I could feel my face heat up. Quickly shaking it away I push open the door and grab his arm again, pulling him down the hall.

3rd POV:

The young girl continued to drag him down the hall. Then the older male quickly paused and Natsu stumbled forward. Whipping around she glares at him, only to grow more embarrassed when she noticed he was pointing behind them, "I KNEW THAT!" she yelled and grabbed his other arm and proceeded to pull him, but this time in the opposite direction. Fuegoleon however found the how ordeal rather amusing, almost reminded him of his younger years.

It didn't take long for them to get to the infirmary. Thanks to Fuegoleons instructions and Natsu's inpatient nature, they made it there with only nine different detours. A win in Natsu's book. Before they could enter Fuegoleon stopped, noticing her hesitation, "What happened to the yelling and pulling? Are you having second thoughts?" he questioned. Looking at him, Natsu starts to bite her lower lip, almost as if she was debating something, ".... No.." She put on a fake smile and said, "It's just we're are in a hospital, you have to be quiet in those." she pulled the door open and walked in leaving a confused Fuegoleon behind.