Chapter Nine: Imaginary Tension?

I take my hands out of my coat pockets and instead put them on my hips in the best mock-polite posture that I could muster after being hunched over a computer screen for the majority of my last ten years as a historian.

"Well, there you have it! I'm off now then, Mayday's getting tired." Peter opens a portal, identical to the one that brought me here, and stepped through it while giving us one last salute.

Jess sighs.

"Celphius, for the next three days, you'll stay over at Miguel's house. If all goes well, then you will get a permanent 'job' here from which you can get paid. I'll give you more details about if you pass this... test."

"Que maravilloso." Miguel adds in an exasperated tone.

He and Jess soon exchange in a detailed conversation about their plans regarding the recent rise in 'anomalies'.

But I can only stand there, even more dumbfounded than before. 

I'm staying at Spiderman 2099's house?!

I snap out of my shock when Miguel speaks to me in an even lower, rumbling voice than before.

"Ay, Celphius, no puedes hablar-"
"You're doing it again" Lyla replies while eating a virtual cherry.

He grunts and then continues what he was saying in English.

"You can't tell anyone who I am. You know that, right?"

"Of course," I reply, with a little of my fan-ness showing.

He stretches his arms behind his head, flexing his detailed muscles. I couldn't help but stare.

"I would usually stay for a few more hours, but because of some obvious circumstances, I'll have to leave now. Follow me, Celphius." He says plainly, trying to regain his priorly lost composure, as his suit un-dissolves back up his torso until it completely covers him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"OH FUCK!" I scream, unable to contain myself. It's been a few years since I last webbed anywhere.

Well, I wasn't really doing the webbing.

Miguel was hanging on to me solely by my coat, which made it ten times scarier.

Not to say his grip wasn't strong, it was, frighteningly so. His iconic 'talons' seemed to be slightly poking at my back.

We kept swinging up a down, which made my heart leap out of my chest every time a (flying) car came close.

Miguel grumbled and silently cursed at me every time I shrieked.

_____________________________________
A/N: smut soon I promise 😭😭😭

Bad Liar (Miguel O'hara x reader/male oc)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें