Chapter Four: My Fault

"Hey man! Long time no see. Do you enjoy your job?"

Startled by his sudden appearance and question, I could only answer honestly. "Uh... not really." I stuck my hands into white trench coat, that closely resembled a lab coat. "Well, that's great." I hear a baby coo. "Oh, look, it's Mayday. Isn't she just the cutest little thing? Aww, isn't she? C'mon, look at these photos I took of her." I finally realize that he has a baby stuck on him. I chuckle at the sight. "What do you mean 'that's great '?" "Oh, my friend, do you want to come work with me as a doctor for the... um... 'company' I work at?"

Fuck no. I helped this guy but I'm not getting involved with his shady-ass company. I scratched my neck, feigning it being a hard choice, and then answered with "Ah, no, I'm sorry."

"Uh, sorry, you kind of have to-"

I got knocked out.

It was swift. I didn't realize I got knocked out until I woke up.

"Jess, you didn't have to knock out the poor guy-" "Peter, I'm sure you're aware we literally need him if what you said is true. We can't really give him a choice." I looked up to see the hobo sigh at the woman next to him. Is he 'Peter'? And is she 'Jess'? "Oh hey man! You're... um..." he looks at a card he was holding. An ID.

Wait- is that mine?

I try to stand up and snatch it from him, but as I struggle, I find that I am tied down on a chair by what looks like... webs? "Celphius? Celphius! Haha, yeah I knew you looked like one." The webs (hers?) were also covering my mouth. The only communicator I had with me were my eyes.

I looked at them desperately.
Why was I here?

"I'm really sorry about this" said the woman. She carried an air of kindness, but also one of dignity and respect. "But from now on, hopefully, you work here as Miguel's personal doctor" she continued. I look at them desperately again, wondering who 'Miguel' was.

Where even am I?

Getting my signal, Peter said three, no, technically four, words that would throw me off balance if I was standing. "Your world's 'spider-man'."

What?

He took off my restraints and I stood up, and realized I was slightly taller than him. "What?" I ask again, but this time out loud.

Almost as if that was the answer to my question, my brain finally processed what was said.

"Uh, O-K." "Just ok? Really? You're not gonna ask us a billion questions?-"

"Peter," Jess said, giving Peter a look, "If he says yes, then that's all we need."