Chapter Seven: More than?

We finally reach the doorway of his office. I fidget even more with my jacket.

Vrrrrrr....

I see him descending from a platform, hunched over, standing with his face facing away from me. He looked like a brooding teenager. And his platform was so incredibly slow. This made me laugh out loud.

Luckily, he didn't hear me, but Jess did, and signaled for me to shut up.

As he got closer to the ground, I initially noticed two things: he was shaped like an hour-glass, with a back that, even through his suit, had defined muscles along with a tight waist, and deep brown hair that reached only to the very end of his neck. It seemed well kept and unkept at the same time.

Then, he turned around, and I felt like laying down and kicking my legs like a teenage girl.

His features were sharp and handsomely put together, and he had eye bags somehow even darker than mine. His hair was slicked back, but strands still managed to caress his forehead. After I looked at his face for a few more seconds, I looked down and saw his chest. It was huge and seemed to barely fit in his suit.

I'd seen him saving people on TV, but this really was something else.

Honestly, I had gotten adapted to living here, so I had required the mentality of the masses here. This made me starstruck seeing the city's 'one and only' spiderman, in person, and on top of it without his mask. "What? Lyla—" "Yes?~" Miguel grunts at the robot's mocking tone. "Do I have something on my face?" "I'll tell you, if you say please~"

He pinches the bridge of his nose and mumbles "dios mio" to himself, trying to contain himself from punching the hologram.

"Miguel, this is the new personal doctor we discussed."

I start fidgeting with my jacket again.

"Jessica I TOLD you I don't need one. Spend your time on something helpful or important." "Miguel, you really needed this. Your health is deteriorating. You can't rely on your technology to slightly heal you anymore. If you do, you'll end up having to stop your mission, our mission."

He sighs at this, stops moving for a second, and then looks at me.