Chapter XXXI

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Yugen flipped over a table and ran a hand through her hair, distressed.

Yugen: Impossible... There's no way...!

Black Zetsu: What are you upset about now?

Yugen: I kept some of (Y/N)'s cells and the Otsutsuki cells when I last experimented on him.

She grabbed a vial and showed it to Black Zetsu.

Black Zetsu: What am I looking at?

Yugen: The Otsutsuki cells have completely taken over (Y/N)'s human cells!

Black Zetsu: I don't see anything.

Yugen: Of course not! They're microscopic!

Black Zetsu: Then why are you showing me them?!

Yugen: Do you understand what's happening?!

Black Zetsu: Yes. The Otsutsuki cells have  replaced the human cells?

Yugen: Yes! This can't be happening! I never even considered this as possibility because it's impossible!

Black Zetsu: Why is that?

Yugen: You know how old these cells are. They're not even the real ones anymore. I've had to clone them over and over again all this time. The cells shouldn't be expanding and replacing human cells like this...

She let out a growl of frustration and sat down on a nearby chair.

Yugen: When I concluded that (Y/N) was a failure, I didn't consider any other possibility, because every other experiment died from the exact same thing, with the Otsutsuki cells slowly destroying the human cells.

Black Zetsu: What?! How come you never told me this?

Yugen: Because you were always busy dealing with the reincarnations! You didn't start paying attention to my experiments until (Y/N)!

Black Zetsu: So every experiment before him died of what he was dying from?

Yugen: Yes. Every single one. I had no reason to think this was any different. It's true, I thought he was the one who would finally succeed since his growth rate was exceptional, but he is a normal child at his core. That's why I was especially upset at his "failure."

She then seemed to realize something. She shot out of the chair and pointed an accusatory finger at Black Zetsu.

Yugen: You... Where did you find (Y/N)?! You were the one who picked him out after all!

Black Zetsu: Indeed. I decided to take matters into my own hands, because all your other experiments died, and I was tired of your constant temper tantrums at their failures.

Yugen glared at Black Zetsu. She had indeed lied to (Y/N) back at Orochimaru's hideout by saying that she had randomly picked him out at the hospital. In truth, Black Zetsu had picked him out.

Yugen: Why did you pick him? It couldn't have been random. He must have been special in some way for the Otsutsuki cells to actual spread like this. It's scientifically impossible for them to do that!

Black Zetsu: I did pick him for a reason. You never asked me where I got him, so I never told you.

Yugen: I had no reason to think he was anything other than a normal human. And don't play games with me! Now I'm asking you! Tell me why you picked him!