Chapter 14 : His Serene Girl

“YOU!”

Vivek's indignant shout echoed in the silence as Rajveer moved further in the hall. But he ignored it as his eyes were fixed on Samaira, whose cheeks were glistening with tears.

The veins on his temple started popping.

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath to calm himself down because he didn't think Samaira would appreciate taking out his gun and unloading it inside Ashish Desai's nonexistent brain.

“Liam.” - he authoritatively called his henchman, opening his eyes and fixing his gaze on Vivek.

He held open his hand infront of Liam who placed a mobile phone on his palm. He was thrilled to see Vivek's face draining all the colour out at the small device in his hand.

“Mr. Ashish it's your son's phone that the police found from the kidnappers.” - he said calmly.

To prove his statement, he unlocked the phone and showed them Vivek's photo set as wallpaper — which was quite ugly in his humble opinion.

“Now let's come to the main point.” - he said and went to the message box, opening a conversation. “57 messages since last night from a friend — who happens to be a girl — named ‘Babe’.”

Vivek shut his eyes closed as Natasha, Sonia and Anjana gasped at once. It was a no brainer that the girl was not just a friend.

“She is quite worried why your son didn't come to her party last night. And in the last of her messages, she expresses anger saying she won't... well I don't deem it proper to read it infront of the elders.” - he said with a mocking worried face and tossed the phone to Vivek with a smirk. “The police has tracked his records and they found the girl's name Saniya who is your engaged son's girlfriend for the past five months.”

Samaira's jaw dropped. Vivek had been cheating ? But why ? When she had clearly told him she didn't hold any feelings for him so why was he going to marry her if he was not interested in her either ?

“Now the question is, why was he keeping up this marriage facade when he was already dating someone ?” - Rajveer asked pretending to think with furrowed brows before suddenly making a ‘aha!’ face as if, he got the answer. “Because marrying Samaira would make him a partner in her 50% shares of Sajawat!”

Samaira couldn't believe her ears. Sure she didn't feel anything for Vivek but he was her childhood friend! She would have never thought he'd betray her like that! It hurt. It badly hurt.

“You are lying! That's all your plotting!” - Anita came to her son's aid, glaring daggers at Rajveer.

He just smirked. “Liam, bring me that file.” - he ordered.

Liam ran out of the house to fetch the file from the car and returned back in record time. Rajveer held Ashwin's hand and placed it on his palm.

“The record of your son's activities of the past one year. I don't have time to describe each one so go through it in your spare time. But mind, there are some compromising pictures of your perfect son as well.” - Rajveer cautioned sweetly.

The entire house stood stunned. But Samaira felt disgusted that she called someone like Vivek her friend. Thank goodness she always maintained a distance from him.

The file dropped from Ashwin's hands in shock. His hands were shaking, as his mind and heart were not ready to accept that his son would betray him like that. Would embarrass him infront of his best friend. That he would be the reason of his head bent in shame.

That's your upbringing Mr. Desai. That's your teaching.” - Rajveer said calmly, placing his hands in the pockets of his plum coloured pants.