Chapter 5 : Love At First Sight (?)

‘Terror At The Royal Facade Mall!

“The police is continuing it's search of the attackers but the chances are low. No one has seen their faces and neither admits to have seen the man before whose dead body we found in the mall.” - states the police commissioner.

But the questions remain still! Why did the police took so long to reach the mall when they were informed within the five minutes of the attack ? How is it possible that NO ONE has seen the attackers ? This all isn't as straight as it seem! There's definitely some mafia gang behind it! And the department-’

Samaira switched off the television, making Natasha whine in protest.

“Enough Nuts! Come and have breakfast.” - she instructed while taking a seat on the breakfast table herself.

The incident of yesterday morning had unsettled her. And she was not to be blamed. After all, an encounter with a dangerous mafia gang who was armed with weapons and was not hesitant to take a life in a flash, wasn't a usual occurrence.

“Do you really think nobody saw their faces ? I think they all are scared...” - Natasha commented as she joined her family.

Samaira played with her omelette with the fork. Her eyes unfocused. Whatever the media said but she was there amidst all the chaos and she believed it was the truth. Because people were busy saving their lives hence it was possible nobody paid attention to the faces of the attackers. Natasha had not seen their faces either because she was clinging to her, scared out of wits, her face tucked in the crook of her neck as they walked out. There was only one person who had seen not only the attackers but their boss himself.

Samaira herself.

“People were running for their lives Nuts... even if they had seen anything they would have forgotten in all the panic...” - Kavin said.

Samaira's hands stilled. That was not true. Sure, she didn't remember the faces of those guards with guns now but their boss...

His face was not to be forgotten. Not. At. All.

At that time, she just wanted to get herself and her sister out of the damn mall so she had not given it much thought. But after coming home, her mind was stuck on him. That was why she was more bothered by him than the whole incident itself.

She had never seen face, as handsome as his, before. And it was not an exaggerated statement. Surely she had seen good looking guys before, some were her classmates, some were still her friends, and her fiance was a good looking guy as well but they all had at least one thing short of perfection. A flaw. And that was normal because no one was perfect. But him...

He was, however impossible it was, flawless! His sharp jawline, his pointed nose, his small lips, his hair and above all...

his eyes.

One would not believe he was a criminal if it were not for his eyes. Despite a dark chocolate brown, they lacked any kind of warmth or mercy. They were fierce, intense, and possessive. Blazing with a dangerous fire. And she was shocked to realize that she found those highly attractive. Means, since when did cruelty and mercilessness became elements of admiration ? Specially for someone like her ?

“Whatever the case, I'm just relieved that my daughters are safe.” - Yashwant said taking a sip from his glass of orange juice. “It's sheer luck that they were the last to leave but still succeeded in escaping.”

‘Sheer luck ?’ - she thought. That was another story altogether behind her troubling thoughts.

Other people escaped among the chaos but they had calmly walked out in his vigilance! He could easily have hold them hostage or kill due to being the witness of the murder.