Episode 14: Family Reunions

*Play the opening*

The docks

Once they got there, they could see Marie's boat, and Nazuna was already onboard. Once they got inside the boat, the fox girl greeted them: "Morning, Michiru. Morning, Shirou.".

Michiru/Shirou: Good morning, Nazuna.

Marie: Alright. Now that we're here, we can go to the mainland. All I need is my payment.

Michiru: Ugh, fine. But if you try and demand all the money we have, you'll be as good as dead, you greedy weasel.

The mink woman gave a glare that was a mixture of terrifying and comical. The tanuki girl defended herself: "I know you're a mink, I'm just being metaphorical.".

Marie: I don't understand human metaphors.

With all of that said, Michiru paid the mink woman. Thankfully, it wasn't all the money she brought with her, and Marie didn't even demand money from Nazuna or Shirou.

As the boat was making it's way towards the mainland, the two friends decided to talk with each other as they used to do.

Michiru: So, why did you choose Marie as your manager?

Nazuna: Because once the Anima City's firewall goes down, she'll no longer be able to sell her phone cards, and without that, she won't get any money to sustain herself. Besides, I thought she could use her skills for something good.

Michiru: Really? Shirou, what do you think of Marie?

Shirou: Well, she seems like a nice girl. Why?

The tanuki girl could feel her jaw drop as she asked: "Wha-? You didn't find her suspect or- or- immoral, or something?", flabbergasted.

The wolf man replied: "No. She is definitely a deceptive, opportunistic businesswoman, but I would hardly call her immoral. She obviously cares about you and Nazuna, and refuses to cross any and all boundaries that would make you both upset.". He then smiled approvingly to the fox girl before commenting: "Nazuna, you have found an excellent girlfriend.".

Nazuna felt her blood rushing to her own face as she exclaimed: "WHAT?!! GIRLFRIEND?!!! JUST BECAUSE I CHOSE HER AS MY MANAGER DOESN'T MEAN I'M IN LOVE WITH HER!! I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I REALLY HAVE FEELINGS ABOUT HER OR VICE-VERSA!!!".

Michiru: Nazuna, you may not know if you really have feelings for Marie, but I can safely say she has for you. It's obvious. She manages to calm you down when you have nightmares or horrible flashbacks, without causing some big argument. Heck, I can see it in the way she looks at you when she thinks no one's watching, not even you.

Nazuna looked to the side and crossed her arms, as if that would hide her embarrassment. Shirou considered her with a knowing look, as he said: "Besides, I can smell her on you.".

The fox girl exclaimed disgustedly: "Ew, gross!", turning away from the wolf man, her tail quivering in rage.

Shirou: Not like that. Whenever I transform into my beast form, I can smell her shampoo on you. It's quite strong.

Nazuna: Oh, yeah. It is pretty strong... but I like it.

After a few more minutes, they had finally arrived at the mainland... or rather, the closest they could get since there were still Beastmen hunters in the area. Michiru, Shirou and Nazuna transformed into their human forms before stepping on the mainland's ground. Despite not wanting to be in human form, Michiru knew that being in her beast form would cause a lot of trouble. Nazuna and Michiru then wished each other goodbye as they went their separate ways.