Chapter 26 - Being Honest About The God Of Lies

Start from the beginning

You yawned and crawled out of bed. You picked up a dark green shirt that was draped over the bottom of the bed, one of Loki's. You pulled it on and shrugged on some underwear. You freshened up in the bathroom, doing your best to ignore your unsightly appearance in the mirror, before walking out into the kitchen. Loki was sitting at the table wearing tight pants and a large sweater that hung low enough to reveal his collarbones and the bruises that decorated them. Your mouth watered as you dragged your eyes up to his face. He was smiling, though it wasn't unguarded. There was hesitation in his features and you knew they were there solely because of what happened yesterday. It was safe to say you would not be getting around discussing it this time.

"Good morning," Loki said, holding a hand out for you. "You look beautiful."

"I look like I just woke up," you chuckled, walking forward and taking his hand. He lifted your conjoined hands to his mouth and kissed the backs of your fingers. He patted the seat next to him and you sunk down into it, not letting your hand leave his. On the table was a gathering of hearty foods that would not typically be consumed for breakfast. You raised an eyebrow and looked at Loki. "What time is it?"

"Around 2 p.m.," Loki answered. He dropped your hand as he collected some pieces of chicken, scoops of potatoes, and helpings of vegetables onto a plate for you. He pushed it towards you before filling a bowl of soup and sliding that in your direction as well. "Eat."

"You put me under a sleeping spell," you murmured. It was less of a question and more of a statement.

Sighing, Loki nodded and sat back in his chair. "How did you know?"

"The last time you put me under a sleeping spell, you were adamant that I ate a very filling meal after I woke up." You gestured to your plate. "This seems to fit the bill."

"You needed the rest," Loki said with a shrug.

"It helped. It did," you said, reaching over to squeeze his strong thigh.

"Good. My smart girl is figuring me out," Loki chuckled. He leaned in and pressed a lingering kiss to your cheek. "You're the only person to read me so quickly."

"Not even Kassandra?" you asked before scooping some potatoes into your mouth.

"Not even her. She was good after a few years but you have gotten into my head so quickly, pet," Loki praised you. "It's...astounding to me. You know me."

"We know each other," you said, tipping your glass of water towards him. You took a sip before placing your glass down and occupying yourself with your meal again. "It's amazing when you find someone who fits with you."

"And I do fit in all the right places." Loki winked. You rolled your eyes as you chewed your chicken but laughed quietly anyway. Loki was quiet as you ate, and though he didn't eat anything himself, you didn't feel awkward munching alone in front of him. When your plate was emptied, Loki leaned back in his chair, one leg crossed over the other and a single arm flung over the back of the seat. You sat there, not quite looking at him but positive you knew the look that was on his face. He cleared his throat but did not shift in the slightest. "Pet."

"I know," you said, pushing your plate away. "I know, you want to talk about it."

"We need to talk about it," he stressed.

"What I need is a drink," you scoffed. Loki rolled his eyes and waved his hand. In front of you, a large glass of white wine appeared. You blushed as you picked the glass up. "Thanks."

"If it will help you talk about last night then by all means, take a drink," Loki said, sweeping his hand in front of him. You took a gulp of wine, then another, then a third. You sighed pleasantly as the liquid courage slid down your throat.