Chapter 10 - Loki And Cooper's Excellent Adventure

Magsimula sa umpisa

And as Loki watched you snuggle into your pillow and release a gentle, soundless sigh, he knew that there was nothing he would not do for you.

It was an unusual feeling for Loki to have. Only two other people had Loki's complete and undivided promise of protection: Frigga and Thor. Perhaps after earlier, Heimdall had made his way onto that list. Loki was still debating that one, though, but it was looking good for the guardian. Anyone else, Loki may swear his sword to, but he certainly would not go out of the way for them. Yet here he was, watching you sleep and determining the best plan of action to keep you safe.

Loki wasn't unfamiliar to sex - obviously. He had his fair share of lovers in the past but none of them had ever captured his attention like you had. None of them ever had him crawling back to taste more, see more, feel more. He had fucked them and rid them from his bed within minutes of cumming. But with you, the thought of doing that was absurd.

"Why do I care for you so deeply, pet?" Loki murmured, stroking his hand along your hair. "What are you doing to me?"

To use the words 'care for' was...not right, Loki was aware of it. Yes, he cared for you but this went deeper, much deeper. Even he knew that simply caring for someone did not mean one would threaten, maim, and consider murder for that person. But this was still fairly new, all things considered. Loki didn't know how to label this nor did he have an idea of how to label how he felt.

You were his. No one else could have you. And for him, he did not want anyone else but you.

That was as much as he was able to say.

Sighing, Loki shook his head and stood. He flicked his wrist and a soft, emerald green blanket covered your body. Loki leaned over you and pressed a long, endearing kiss to your temple.

"I will be back, my darling," Loki whispered. "I will keep you safe."

Loki left the room before his heart ached any more. The fact that he felt loss before even leaving you now - for this important matter, nonetheless - was baffling. You really had your claws deep inside of his skin.

That was fine. He would let you leave them there. He wanted them there.

When Loki stepped out into the hallway, he was met with a sight that nearly had him snorting with laughter. Cooper was sitting by the door, growling at his reflection in the mirror that Loki replaced your door with.

"That's you, you stupid animal," Loki scoffed. Cooper looked over his shoulder, big black eyes looking at Loki expectantly. Loki tilted his head. "What do you want now?"

"I need to take a shit. You didn't walk me after dinner."

"Of course you fucking do," Loki sighed, shaking his head. For the briefest, most discrete moment, Loki genuinely considered the consequences of letting Cooper do his business in the house and then cleaning it up with magic. Ignoring the thought, Loki walked over to the door. "Let's make a deal."

"What do you want now?" Cooper teased.

Loki rolled his eyes. "I have to do some...experimenting. I will bring you with me but it will be some decent walking. Are you up for it?"

"Listen, Mischief. I just want to do my duties then sleep."

"Cooper, I need to do this to protect her. She could be in danger," Loki said, kneeling beside the dog. Cooper lifted his head and stared directly into Loki's eyes. He was quiet for a moment, but then Loki heard a soft, determined voice in the back of his head.

"Let's go."

For all his inconveniences, Loki could at least appreciate Cooper's complete willingness and desire to protect you. It made him comforted to know that at least when he could not be at your side, your dog would be here to look after you. Loki reached forward and scratched Cooper's cheek.