Chapter One: Who are You?

My life used to be pretty uneventful.

I used to be a historian, which made me aware of how lively life was before technology evolved like so and stole away the scares of sudden and accidental deaths. However, that didn't mean humanity was anywhere near immortal on this earth. There was the occasional villain, the occasional push off a building, and the occasional incurable disease. So, there is still a need for doctors.

Robots, however advanced, can't imitate a doctor's familiarity with the human body.

I am one of those doctors.

I got a doctorate in college, around ten years ago. I was the class valedictorian, but as soon as I got out of college, my sister died, which sent me into a hole. I lost any normal job opportunity and that's how I ended up working as a historian.

Until a few months ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a normal day.

I woke up a little after 6, went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, took a shower, and looked in the mirror. My mahogany hair had grown out a little and had began to look fluffy, with some slightly silver streaks in it. My face had deep purple eye bags and there was light stubble running up and down my chin. I forgot to shave that week.

I thought maybe growing a small beard or mustache would be fine.

But, as I began to imagine myself with either one of those, I decide to plaster my face with shaving cream and shave the stubble completely off.

I ended up nicking myself with the razor, so I got out my bandaids. When I see they are spider-man themed, I begin to sob, as they remind me of my sister.

She was my older sister, and she was usually pretty mean to me, but when she wasn't she'd get me these spider-man bandaids to help heal the cuts she'd give me occasionally when we play-fought.

Recalling the memory made me sob more. I looked back up to the mirror, and saw my now-puffy eyes. "Well, it's not like I'm trying to impress anyone at work," I thought.

I sighed at the pit I was stuck in, the pit that I was no longer expecting anyone to drag me out of.

I put on my glasses, my trench coat, and my cheap sneakers as I headed to the science-based company I worked at. Its name was Alchemax. I worked in the history division, as aforementioned, and I didn't really know anyone there. We all were rather quiet and just focused on our work.

_____________________________________A/N: I will draw him soon just wait a few chapters 😭😭

ALSO HES 30!!!! JUST AGING QUICK BECAUSE HES WHITE AS PAPER !! graduated from college at 20 (finished early cause he's so smart) (no such thing as grad school in his universe so he just went to doctor college)