lydia jumped, and luckily carol had covered edens ears for her as the others stared at andrea who had tears in her eyes.

everyone didn't do much after this, apart from shane and rick going to dig more graves and a few of the group following daryl who was in the truck carrying all the bodies up.

"i still think it's a mistake not burning these bodies. it's what we said we'd do, right?" daryl said to rick and shane as lydia walked over. "at first." shane replied.

"the china man gets all emotional, says it's not the thing to do, we just follow him along?" daryl continued as he looked at them expectantly.

"yes, that's exactly what we do." lydia replied.

"these people need to know who the hell is in charge here." daryl ignored her, "what the rules are."

"there are no rules." rick replied.

"well, that's a problem. we haven't had one minute to hold onto anything of our old selves. we need time to mourn and we need to bury our dead." lori spoke up as they glanced at her. "it's what people do."

"well, that's what we are doing." daryl replied, having getting quite agitated as it is, "not now." lydia sighed tiredly.

andrea walked up and insisted on pulling amy's body by herself, dale tried to help as andrea shook her head. "i can do it. i can do it." she repeated with tears flowing down her cheeks.

she pulled amy's body in the grave they dug as carefully as she could as everyone watched with a frown. andrea left quickly and lydia glanced at rick and lori who seemed to be discussing something important while carl rushed off.

lydia walked back down to camp and headed into the rv where jim was with carol, who was trying to cool his fever. "how are you doing?" she asked.

"his fevers worse." carol answered for him, lydia noticing jim struggled to speak.

she turned her head at a slight knock on the wall which revealed to be rick and lori joining them. "you need anything?" lori asked.

"uh...a w-water. please." jim stuttered as lori nodded, "i'll get some." she replied, leaving them to get the water as jim thanked her.

"lydia, you help me?" lori asked as lydia frowned, it was clear lori didn't want lydia around rick without her there. "uh sure—" she began, but carol waved her off.

"i'll go, getting stuffy in here anyway—been here too long. here, i'll take eden too." carol spoke up, lydia let her take eden and watched as she left with a frown.

lydia awkwardly smiled at rick who sat down next to her, opposite jim. "you save a grave for me?" jim asked, avoiding eye contact.

"nobody wants that." rick replied as lydia nodded in agreement. "it's not about what you want." jim replied tiredly. "that, uh...that sound you hear, that's god laughing while you make plans"

"what i want, jim. if...if god allows, is to get you some help." rick replied with a small smile. jim began to cough as lydia widened her eyes and handed him a bowl for him to spit and throw up in, causing her to grimace and look away.

"it's getting real bad." lydia said slowly as jim sniffled, "watch the mangroves." he replied. "their roots will gouge the whole boat. you know that right?"