Chapter 39: A Fight and a Love Confession

A/N: I am sorry that I never added honorifics to anyone's name when someone else said it. since it would be awkward to change now, try to assume they are being used unless anyone says otherwise.

---------------------------

(Yuuichi POV)

Only one of Ryuuen's bodyguards remains, that is, if everything went according to plan.

Me and Kotonoha took out the other one together, and Ayankoji should've taken Ryuuen out himself.

"Are you sure he'll come this way?"

Kotonoha whispers from beside me as we hide behind a taller black and neon-lit wall, waiting for our prey to arrive.

"Do you remember who was just over here?"

Her smile widens a bit as we hear footsteps approaching us.

"Ryuuen, right?"

I take the toy laser gun strap off, and unbuckle the gear.

"Yes, that means one of his bodyguards is sure to come here as well. The dog always follows the master's footsteps."

"Dog, huh?"

She kicks her feet like a happy middle school girl.

"I like the sound of that. So, why are you taking your gear off."

I force my gear to her chest, and she startles a bit.

"Listen closely to the person coming closer. What do you hear?"

"Footsteps...Wait!"

She perks up as she makes the realization and I can almost see imaginative dog ears on her head.

"That's right. There is no sound of a gun or gear on this guy."

I roll my sleeves up. If I know one thing about Ryuuen's class, it's that violence is the first solution to any problem.

"Wait, are you going to fight him? I'm a better fighter than you, let me do it."

She starts to stand up, but if she were to fight right now, the rest of the day would be ruined.

"Are you sure about that?"

I push her back down with my hand, causing her to tumble a bit since she was not up all the way.

"Do you want to test that, Kotonoha?"

She puts her head down, but I can still see her grin from where I stand.

"If you have a look like that, then I guess not!"

Without any mirrors around, I couldn't tell what face I was making.

"Hmm...am I making a scary face? I wouldn't want to disturb him before our negotiation."

"No, I think that's the perfect face for a negotiation, Yuuichi."

"Good."

I walk out from behind the wall to meet the bodyguard.

"Then let us negotiate."

-

(Ayanokoji POV)

"Hiyori, will you be okay?"

Even after Ryuuen was knocked out, Hiyori remained stunned in place. She would be in no condition to continue like this.

"I'm fine. At any rate, isn't there one more person on Ryuuen's team, Ayankoji."

"Yes, but Yuuichi will take care of that."

She smiles despite her current state.

"You two are good friends aren't you?"