Chapter 3: Our Classmates

As me and Ayanokōji walked out of the mall, I decided to get caught up on the things I missed.
"How did the introductions go?"
"We're you not awake?"
I fell asleep immediately after someone began introducing themselves.
"No, I haven't really slept very long in days. I practically fell asleep immediately."
Ayanokōji looked at me for a few seconds.
"Any specific people you would like to know about?"

Thinking back, outward appearances didn't tell me much about anyone. I think I made a mistake sleeping. "Based on their introductions, who do you think is going to make waves?"
Ayanokōji thought for a minute before responding.

"A guy named Hirata seems to already be surrounded with girls, and he seems kind. A girl named Kushida already has every guys attention. It could be her personality, but I'm sure there's something else at play."

I had to contain a little laughter at his honesty. "Anyone else?"
"Some groups of people have already formed, and after I blew my introduction, there's no telling how much of an outcast I'll be."
"Probably can't be worse then the guy who slept through it."

We continued to walk, but after a few minutes I realized I didn't actually know where I was going.
"Do you know if they gave us our room numbers?"
"It should be on the schools app."

I checked the phone I had been given and, when looking for my room number, saw all the school had to offer. There was a movie theater, and multiple other shops.
"It looks like we live in our own society."
"It does."

I found out I was in room 402. "What room are you in?"
"401"
"Oh, then I hope we can get along as neighbors."
He nodded in response, seeming at least a bit surprised, but it was hard to tell.
"I hope your not too loud when you bring girls over," I said jokingly
"Do you see that happening?"
"If you say that, then I guess not."

When we arrived to our rooms, I dropped my stuff to look for the key I had been given. While both unlocking our doors, Ayanokōji turned to me.
"I'm not sure it would be a good idea to sleep in class anymore. I would also hope your not an avid spender."
"Don't worry, I won't."
He didn't need to warn me about what I already knew was coming.
————-
It had been around a week after we can to the school.
In class, it seemed only three people had actually been paying attention to the teacher. Me, Ayanokōji, and Horikita. Hirata seemed like he tried to listen, but his girlfriend, a girl named Kei, kept nagging him.
People scrolled on their phones, and played games in class on the devices they had bought. They would talk out loud and pass notes. The mall was packed everyday, with students coming out with bags and bags of cloths and games.

"Have you two not been indulging?"
Horikita seemed suspicious that neither of us were part of the problem.
"I suppose I have no reason to."
Ayanokōji nodded in agreement.
We had gone to the Cafe a few times, and of course we bought necessities. But other than that, we had both agreed to not spend money on anything else.

"I can only pray this class lasts other month," said Horikita.

When a large some of money is pushed in your face, and you have the opportunity to get whatever you want with it, why would you not want to spend it all? Especially when you were told you would be getting more soon. Money is addicting, and these kids were about to be cut off, cold turkey.
———-
When the next month came, I had 80,000 points left. Ayanokōji had a little more because it turns out I like coffee a little more than he does.

People sat in the classroom, staring at their phones, wondering where their points were.
When the teacher came in, a kid, that I had not yet learned the name of, spoke up.

"Um..sensei...where are the points we were supposed to be given. My balance is like, empty."

She got to the podium, and gave the class a cold look. "That's simply because the school did not give them to you."
People began muttering.
"234 phone uses in class, 123 times of talking in class, and 40 instances of note passing in class."
The class went silent.

"Did you really think the school would give you points after that?"
People began to freak out.
"Wait so I have no money!?"
"This is bull crap!"

Me and Ayanokōji stayed silent.
"I also assume no one studied. I hope your prepared then because we have a test in two days, and those who get below a fifty will be expelled."

People began yelling at each other again, with some even crying.
It took everything I had not to laugh. People really don't know how to deal with money, do they?

"Anyway, let's begin class, and I suggest you listen."
Of course, that wasn't going to happen. The class refused to stay silent.
—-
After class had ended, I checked my phone. Sure enough, we also had 0 class points. Far behind Class C.
Ayanokōji looked over at me, but I just shook my head in response. In reality, maybe this test would be a good thing. I studied everyday, but at best I could hope for a seventy.
Me and Ayanokōji had studied together, but I doubt he'll have a problem on the test, even if fifty's are what he seems to get.

Horikita turned to us both, "I want to speak with both of you, follow me."

She quickly walked out of the classroom.
"I guess she wants us to follow", said Ayanokōji.

"I wonder if it's about money."
—————-

Next chapter: Suzune Horikita

A/N: