Chapter 21: Game Night/ Katagiri Kotonoha

Before reading: We have a new OC character coming soon, if you want to know about her, read the last part posted. I will also talk it about it at the end of this part.
—————————————
(Ayanokoji POV)

As we made our way back to the room, Horikita walked away from Yuuichi. Seemingly avoiding him at all costs.
After the incident with Ryuuen, Horikita seems to have given up on trying to get information out of Yuuichi.
She just doesn't realize yet, that it may be better for her to stay in the dark.

Going a different route back, we happened to pass a game room. It had ping pong, pool, and even a little soccer game with plastic people.
"Horikita, can you call Chiaki?"

Yuuichi looked over to Horikita, who was currently standing away from him.
"Why, did something happen?"

"No, just tell her that I asked her to come."

Despite being angry at him, and slightly confused, she still called Chiaki. Showing she at least still had a bit of trust in Katagiri.

After speaking with Chiaki for less than a minute, she came back.
"She agreed to come way to fast after I mentioned your name...why did I need to call her anyway?"
Despite being questioned, Katagiri walks into the game room.
"I just thought it may be fun..."

After walking in as well, I can see that this game room is actually bigger than I thought. The walls are green, with the carpet red.
Despite looking this fancy, it seemed no one had actually come in here yet.
"Ayanokoji."

I turned to see a paddle coming towards me.
"Do you want to play?"

The rules to ping pong seemed simple enough.
"Sure."

We practiced hitting the ball back and forth a few times. The main goal of this game is to keep your eye on the ball, and coordinating your movements to hit the ball. You also have to keep the ball within a certain range when hitting it, so it does not fly off the table.

You want to try to hit the ball on your opponent's side of the table, with them missing it, to gain a point. Hitting the ball off the table, would give your opponent a point.

"Ayanokoji, I'm going to speed it up a little."

We had only been passing the ball back and forth slowly until now.
He hit the ball, with more force this time.

Following the ball with my eyes, I hit it back, with more force.
Yuuichi followed it as well, but the sound of the door opening caused a mix of movements.

The ball hit the side of his paddle, and went flying towards Chiaki, who had just walked in.

She calmly caught the ball in her hand.
"Starting with out me?"

She brought the ball back over to Katagiri.
"No, me and Ayanokoji were just getting a head start. Now we can play doubles."

"Yay! Let me get a paddle!"

Katagiri grabbed one from under the table, and grabbed another one for Horikita.

"I don't know why you assume I want to play with you. Do we not have more important stuff to do?"

He placed the paddle in her hand.
"For now, let's just have fun. Think of it as a team building exercise."

She sighed, and walked to my side of the table.
"You played good when practicing. Have you played before?"

"Only once."

Horikita seemed to think Yuuichi had something up his sleeve here, that this was all part of the plan. She wasn't exactly wrong, but she wasn't exactly right either.
From what I've seen so far, Katagiri Yuuichi was not a normal high school student. He possessed abilities that even pass those of an adult.
I have also seen that he has no limits when it comes to winning. He will do what ever it takes to win.