CHAPTER 29

"I am sorry," Antonio repeated with his broken voice, teeming with grief as he held Aurora Dayana Moretti's lifeless body devotedly in his lap.

John stood beside him and watched Antonio. His blood stained fingers reached to brush away the strands of her hair from her face.
Her death is a tragedy for him, which befallen like a cyclone that destroyed everything of his along the way.

She is dead. It wasn't supposed to happen. Her death was a misfortunate event, which John failed to foresee when Antonio told him clearly that he had no plan for harming her in any way, and now, Antonio was struck by her death harder than he could imagine.

Earlier, after talking over the phone to Angelo by John's phone, he said to him, "We are going to meet him in around an hour." They were in his office room Antonio's house, he was sitting on the chair behind the table, while he sat across from him.

Antonio had demanded Angelo butt out of his business, if he didn't want his family members to drop dead.

"When did you save her?" John asked him.

Will, his guy thought he had injected morphine to knock her out, so she could not get any chance to protest when they captured her from a Starbucks, but that idiot, mistakenly injected some opioid into her body that made her high.
Now, Will and Jeff were doing their best to tie her up on the chair, as she protested but had hardly any strength to do it. When Antonio came in the room, seeing her stoned, he was furious at them, not because she was Angelo's sister or any crucial person, but because she was just an innocent woman in his eyes, who unfortunately happened to be Angelo's sister.

"You saved me..." Aurora claimed and Antonio stared at her. Her eyes lit up as a bubbly smile popped up on her face, and she reminded him, "Almost ...a week ago," she slurred and pursed her lips as she leaned forward from her chair and whispered. "A-rre... you also a monster?" she meant mobster. Antonio didn't say anything, and returned to his office room, after telling John to record her video to send Angelo. John told Aurora that after one hour, she would be with her Fratello, and in order to do that she had to do as he would tell her. He recorded her video. After it, he also told Will and Jeff to untie and just keep eyes on her, not to do anything, and told them to take care of her. They were his trusted men.

"I didn't know, she was Angelo's sister."

"Wouldn't you help her, if you knew?"

"Don't be ridiculous, I would have."

He knows Antonio in every respect, where there are three things he regarded the most highly in his life; his mother, the faithfulness of a man, and the last, innocent women and kids. And, how did Antonio know Aurora was an innocent woman? The answer is he knew nothing about her, that's enough for him to assume that she is an innocent person, whom he had saved from some perverted men once.

If Mario hadn't suggested Aurora's abduction for a few days, at which Antonio hesitantly agreed at last, His father wanted him to beat Moretti after all. As well, Antonio himself hated Angelo, since he was getting his nose into his business. And also, the loyal man of his, Noah Edward had committed treason to him.

"She seems careless, first molested by men, and now she is abducted so easily," Antonio said and clicked across the phone screen.

"You... know, once my Fratello will kick your asses and rescue me..." It was Aurora's video. Antonio hadn't watched it. He pressed his lips together and suppressed his smile as he heard her. He probably wanted to see what furious Angelo.

"I'll ...meet my lovely Earnest and tell him that I love him very very... very muuhch and that no...w-woman would be enough for him.." the sound of her giggling filled his office. He was taken back as he watched the video.