CHAPTER 13

"Ok," Noah said.

As Angelo's hands brushed against his ear, a mere gentle touch from the man stirred up his body with an electric sensation like tiny dynamite igniting in his stomach and then winding up in his heart. He couldn't breathe the whole time as the man whipped out the stud.

Suddenly Noah had a keen interest in kitchen furnishing.

"When did you get your ear pierced?" Angelo handed him the old stud in his palm and took the blue stud from him.

The sexual tension hanging in the air seemed to plummet a little between them. Noah was grateful to him for breaking the silence. And without turning to look at the man he said, "When I was in high school."

"Any reason you got them?" And the man popped the blue gemstone stud in the ear.

"I was trying to be Daredevil." Noah chuckled and added, "to escape from bullying, but there was no bullying in my high school." When he knows how to fight, he can take care of himself. He had taken martial art lessons. His parents had not objected when he told them he wished to learn self-defense.

"Were you ever bullied?"

"I don't know if I would call it bullying. It was nothing . . . Just kids being kids."

'Telling me my parents left me because they hated me. And yes sometimes, It made me think my real parents must have despised me, that's why they had abandoned me. Even though I knew it was not true, as I had my name with me.' 

"Noah," Angelo said. 

Noah looked into the dark blue eyes beautiful—sincere. It was the first time Angelo called him by his only first name. It sounded charming and hot. He never knew that calling a person by his first name could feel this — intimated.

"Some Kids can be real assholes."

"True." Noah laughed. His adoptive parents told him they were blessed to have him. And anyone who had a problem with him must be fucked up in the head, his mother had said it who didn't swear ever.

"Thank you, Mr. Moretti." Noah beamed and grazed his ear; the sensation of Angelo's touch was tapering gradually.

"You may call me Angelo." The blue eyes leered at him as the heat crept over his face.

Noah managed to squeeze out a word. "Okay—we should go now."

They walked out of his apartment as Noah bolted the door behind him to the elevator. Angelo asked if he was going to leave the cat alone. He told him that he had told his friend to look after him as he couldn't tell him that person was john.

However, there was no need for him or anyone to look after Leo when he is quite capable. He just needs to keep the food within his reach, like in the refrigerator and cabinets. The reason he requested John to look after Leo was because Leo could keep him busy and not let him succeed on his mission today, which was to kill Dorothea Garcia before the next day. John was quite an animal lover—well it would be a different matter when he was giving someone else the order to bump off Garcia.

Which reminded him of texting Augustus.

_

Noah along with Angelo walked over to the BMW, which was parked alongside the driveway.

"Where do you want to go?" Angelo asked as they both got into the car. He was looking eagerly forward to their date so he got to choose a place unless he didn't know.

"The coffee shop." Noah said, buckling the safety belt across him.

"The coffee shop?"

'Yep! The coffee shop where I shamelessly proposed you to marry me.'