CHAPTER 18

'FUCK.' 

Before Noah opened his lids, he shut them firmly. He took the blanket off over his face, stirring up in the bed, which was softer than his bed. He squinted against the sunlight flowing inside through the sheer curtains and brought his palm over his face. 

Coming from somewhere, a familiar essence of citrus and sandalwood mingled with something else and a constant interblend sound of tidal waves crashing against the shore and birds tweeting a thousand times calming and beautiful unlike his rattled and delirious brain, which was trying to grasp his chaotic circumstance. A thought finally rolled back in his pounding brain. 

And he sat up in bed with a jolt. He blinked for a moment and then looked around him, as his grip tightened on the blanket: he was in an opulent big room. The knots of trepidation lurched in his stomach. He recalled being shot up with drugs in his body, abducted, and waking up in a private jet. Again, he was shot up and woke up in some dungeon, and then again, he was shot up and waking up in here.

'I am auctioned off?'

His brain was a confused chaos. He was shaken up, yet he remained calm. Then his body went cold with dread. Finally perceiving the soreness of his body, especially his sore nipples. He tipped down and his tense gaze went over his chest— to be accurate his bare chest.

His adrenal glands stuffing adrenaline into his system like a tsunami reeling in the shore. He yanked off the blanket over himself completely. He was naked. Barely covered in a white robe that slipped off his shoulders. He quickly got out of bed and with his shaky fingers, he covered his body and tied up the robe.

'Calm down, Noah Hikari Edwards.' Trying to shake off the fear twisted in his gut, he inhaled deeply and exhaled out. And he continued to breathe in and out a little over a few times, while his hand clasped his heartbeat quickened against chest.

'Damn! This is not working.' When his body was still trembling, and his hand raked through his messy hair and a groan roared through his chest. He didn't want to think the worst. He was afraid—no. He was terrified to know—what happened to him after that drug. He shouldn't have wondered that he was having lapses in memory when he had been shot up like a lab rat in one day.

After being drugged in the dungeon, he could not remember a damn thing, except a hardly comprehensible blur. His instinct was unresponsive to the danger around him because his brain was weakly and obscurely broadcasting, he was with only one person— Angelo Dante Moretti. It was sufficient to calm him down, like the sound of ocean waves coming through the terrace. 

However, being a pain in the neck, his extra intelligent brain rationalized that it might be a false pattern of his memory created. Why would Angelo be here? He was in New York dealing with Antonio. Foremost, would he care enough about what exactly happened to him? Even if he knew about his disappearance, he might think that he was Antonio's henchman who would be busy doing his dirty work.  

And it's not like Angelo might have felt something for him on their date. It was a date, which Noah demanded in exchange for finding his mother's pendant. Even so, Noah hoped awfully to let his obscure memory be true. 

He grabbed his head with both hands, he was fucked up. He was frustrated, and angry at Angelo as if he was supposed to take responsibility when he had no responsibility. And he was not the kind of person to rely on anyone. However, once his parents told him it was okay to rely on someone else sometimes for help. The sadistic god knew he had tried but damn smartphones and his lazy-ass brain—Dwelling upon it was something, which he could not afford at this time. He needed to pull himself together emotionally and physically. 

He took a heavy breath.

'First thing first, I need to get out of here.' However, before that, he needed to find his clothes.  His eyes quickened, scanning the grand room. There he could not find his clothes. He was alert when he heard a squeaking sound of footsteps getting close to his way. It appeared it was only one person. In his state, he should be able to take down one person.