CHAPTER 1

The early May morning warm sun rays streamed through the large open windows inside of Queen Library with the warm breeze mixed up with the chilliness of the departing winter. The world outside was a busy place while in the library it was quiet except for the sound of employees working to make it a comfortable and convenient place for customers. There were still a few minutes left until the library opened.

Noah was on the second floor arranging and cataloging new books on the shelves.

"Noah, have you ever heard about a deep slumber?" He heard Amelia repeat herself behind the shelf of his back, where she was organizing books. She was a newbie. He was supposed to show and teach what she was supposed to do, but soon he learned she didn't seem eager for her job.

"I know what it is, but I cannot tell what you are referring to by that?" he said without turning, as he took another book from the cart.

"When an unfortunate person is hit by a deep slumber and he goes for a long sleep.."

"Are you talking about a coma?" His eyebrows pulled together without tuning to her.

"Nope... it's different. He doesn't need machines to keep him alive. And a person in a coma might be woken up, but unfortunately, the person in deep slumber wouldn't awake. He would be very much alive person except he is only sleeping like any sleeping person; and the most terrible thing, he would eventually die after a few years of long sleep."

At this point he assumed she was talking about some fantasy novel as she was into witch and wizard novels mostly. He asked out of curiosity, "Is there no way to save that person?"

"Noah." He turned and looked at her. Books glided aside in the shelf, she peered at him and with a crook smile said,

"True love conquers everything."

****

Noah blinked for a moment. He was confused and baffled at how he ended up in the car: he was seated in the front passenger seat with an unknown guy in the driving seat. From the stereo belting out a song by the Beatles: I feel fine. It was very contrasting to what Noah was feeling in that moment. He knew that he should be in his room, waking up in bed rather than finding himself in the car with the stranger. The fear prickling his skin rushing through his entire body. He was disoriented-petrified. Otherwise, he was calm, not delirious. As he held on to his fear, his first coherent thought was that this was a lucid dream—the only explanation for this peculiar situation. It amazed him the dream felt so vivid: he didn't think he had ever felt a dream this real.

Noah tilted his head slightly to the guy. Apparently, he had never seen this guy in his life. He was probably southern European by the color of his olive skin, he was good-looking enough to pass easily for a model. His lips moving to the lyrics and his fingers tapping on the wheel. And his perfectly built body dressed in a black suit just the same as Noah was wearing himself hinted that they were heading to a funeral- or maybe to a wedding. There could be a million guesses, but he didn't bother when it was just a dream.

Noah's gaze turned back to look at himself in the side mirror, his half-face camouflaged behind a black mask. Before his hand could reach out to take it off, abruptly he squeezed his eyes shut as his head was struck by an unfamiliar rush of memories, which didn't belong to him.

This person was the same age as him: twenty-five. A strange coincidence, they have the same name. The person was grown up under his father's care who worked for an organization of Lorenzo Costa and died while working for him.