"Good job on completing the tungsten toothpaste" he cackled, alarming the rest. She gave him a sceptical look, feeling she's missing out on something.

"All of you are acting weird today" she released her grip from Senku and walked outside. "I'm going to check up on Chrome, see ya" she waved.

"BAHHAHAH GOOD JOB ROMEO" Gen and Kohaku clutched their stomach and laughed at the fuming Senku. His mere attempt in confronting [Name] was a show of its own.

"STOP LAUGHING WE HAVE WORK TO DO" Senku ushered them all out of the lab, ignoring his sudden palpitations.

****

After hours of relentless work, They had all finished the final product. Behold, the reinvention of the CELL PHONE.

Everyone was leaning against the invention, eager to see it in action.

"YABE" Chrome sang his iconic phrase, jumping about. It was a yellow basic microphone with wires connected to it. Modern aged people would find this absolutely useless but it means a lot in a world where communication is impossible.

"This is nice and all, how are we supposed to hear it though?" Kohaku asked Senku, who just looked around innocently.

"This is why you didn't say anything" Gen sighed, afraid of the incoming extra workload. In response [Name] gave them a sly smirk as she pulled out an identical microphone.

"This is why there's two of us" she ruffled Suika's hair, who just snuggled against her leg.

Senku watched the scene in front of him. He did in fact forget that there was another part to be built but again, she always made up for his shortcomings.

Prior to Gen's confrontation, Senku did feel ecstatic whenever she was around. It was as if an external force was pushing him to do better but also get slightly nervous in the process.

Maybe the mentalist did have a point.

Maybe

He gawked at her, her hair flowing gracefully in the wind as she tucked it behind her ear. His eyes then softened, his mind slowly realising what was happening.

While they were testing the function, Ruri spilled another bomb onto them. The tales of the founder had loads of meanings which needed to be unpacked, specifically tale 14.

Byakuya.. He knew he couldn't do much so he left out a trail for his son.

Rushing, they all made their way to the gravestones where they were sure something awaited them. Behold, a prehistoric disc, containing the voices left behind by the modern world. In no time, all of them worked together to create a disc player.

Immediately the disc revolved and started playing. How long had it been since they both heard his voice?

"I don't know who's listening to this but I'm the astronaut Ishigami Byakuya" the voice echoed, realisation dawning upon everyone. [Name] instinctively grasped Senku's hand while he squeezed back.

"Senku it's you isn't it? I can tell it's you and if you're listening, that means [Name] is right beside you" Byakuya's voice chuckled.

Her eyes started tearing up, as expected. What others didn't expect though was the glint of tears in Senku's eyes.

"Enough with the dramatic crap, you don't want to listen to it anyways" Byakuya deadpanned.

"Absolutely" Senku grinned with his shark teeth. [Name] laughed at the ordeal, there was never a dull moment with the father-son pair.

"Use this to win the villagers hearts" shuffling was heard as the mic moved to a different location.

And thus began the melody which brought some to their knees with the raw emotions pouring out.

Lillian's final performance.

****

They were being weird, [Name] could tell that much. After everyone had dispersed from the musical showcase, there remained only four, [Name] included.

Kohaku and Gen kept on whispering between each other, hurriedly thinking of their next move.

Eventually, Kohaku pushed Gen towards the two scientists. [Name] raised an eyebrow at the sunken male who trudged forward.

"We were thinking and" Gen rubbed the back of his neck, hesitating.

"Why don't we go out for an outing in the hot springs, I mean there's nothing else to do for the day." He immediately noticed Senku's 'we don't have much time' face and continued persuading.

"I mean it's not a bad idea, it will just boost the villagers energy even more" [Name] nodded and high-fived Gen.

Gen then dragged Kohaku out with him as he turned around one last time.

"It's a mixed bath by the way" he smirked and left

"He's doing this on purpose" Senku's face scrunched in anger as he pinched the bridge of his nose. A question mark appeared above [Name]'s head.

"A BATH WITH SENKU" her mind squealed.

A/N
Time for the cliché anime bath scene or whatever

A/NTime for the cliché anime bath scene or whatever