05

"WOHOO CHROME YOU GOT THIS" both [Name] and Suika screamed on top of their lungs, hoping to get some assurance into him

Senku just stuck his pinky into his ear as Kohaku spoke about how low the possibilities of Chrome winning were. There was simply no way Chrome could beat Magma in a hand to hand match.

Still, for whatever reason, he still believed there was a way. [Name] believed in Chrome too after all, he's got the power of science on his side.

Dread filled everyone as the fight went on, Chrome was on the floor, getting beat into a pulp. [Name] braced herself on the bridge's pole, edging ever so close to the scene. Her fingers were pinched by the pole's splinters but [Name] paid no mind.

Bloodied chrome crawled to Suika's broken mask prompting everyone to wonder what he was up to. Chrome could feel the jagged ground scratching his stomach as he finally used his baton to pick himself up and hanging the mask on it.

"I AM THE SCIENCE USER, CHROME" He splattered and then it came to the other science users on what he was trying to do.

"Senku, you don't think he's tryna take that route, do you?" she muttered to which Suika and Kohaku looked between them.

"Yeah, that's exactly what he's doing. It wont work though, since that's a concave lens" Senku nodded.

"What does that mean exactly?" Kohaku stated.

"It means that those are the wrong type of lens to start a fire with but if my eyesight isn't failing me then..." she trailed off as they focused back on the mask.

"You're right [Name], he's using his tears to make the fire" Senku looked shockingly at the girl, doubtful if it would work.

"Will that even work though?" A new voice entered yet no one took notice, too engrossed in the match.

"Definitely, it's called a burning lens if I'm correct-" [Name] stopped as she suddenly realised someone new was speaking. She lost her grip on the wood pillar and almost fell into the water. Clasping her eyes shut, she braced for the impact yet nothing came.

Her face was buried in a purple yukata as she looked up to see her saviour.

"Careful Suzuki san, wouldn't want you falling, now would we?" he pulled her back up as she tried to comprehend who this stranger was.

"SMOOTH TALKER, REMOVE YOUR HAND FROM [NAME]" Kohaku threatened as Gen let go of [Name].

She let out an oomph, falling onto the hard ground.

"How many seconds will it take to start the fire?" he crossed his arms.

"The maths isn't that simple you idiot" [Name] rubbed her back, soothing the pain. She moved to Senku.

"But leeky boy over here can do anything" she leaned on his shoulder, smiling proudly. Senku then started muttering some scientific words that no one even bothered to understand.

"60 seconds. On the dot" He finally concluded to which [Name] nodded. A flash of purple went past them.

"Magma-chan" Gen called out as he was apparently on top of Ruri's hut now. "Thanks for killing me the other day. I survived however, with the help of sorcery of course"

[Name] watched his bluff with such awe, he really had a knack for confusing people. On the battle ground, Magma was shivering in fear as his companions looked equally scared. Gen then started doing weird jutsu moves that looked straight out of Naruto.

"RASENGA-" [Name] shouted in excitement but was stopped when Senku slapped his hand on her mouth.

"If you move, I will put a curse on you. Your heart will explode and you'll die within seconds" Gen wickedly laughed, still holding onto his jutsu. Magma, obviously terrified, tried to argue with Jasper saying it was against the rules. Everyone watched in amazement as they saw the scene unfold.

Both [Name] and Senku stepped forward with freakish grins on their face.

"But if it's bluff, then it's just a taunt," she mocked.

"Try moving, see if you'll explode" he continued.

Gen then started acting, saying that his jutsu won't hold on forever. Magma thought he was in the clear, he could easily win now.

Wrong.

Chrome had managed to start a fire on Magma's pants prompting him to fan them, making it worse. Magma was then pushed by the science user into the sea by the baton.

Relief washed over [Name] as she finally calmed her nerves down. Bluffing isn't for the weak especially when it can go either way. Regardless, Chrome had won it for the Kingdom of Science.

Everyone ran into him, holding his frail body up high.

NEXT MATCH: GINRO VERSUS SENKU

From the start [Name] could see that Ginro had overdosed. He looked at Ruri with such lust, she knew he was having weird hallucinations.

Immediately he swung at Senku to which she shouted, "DON'T KILL MY BOYFRIEND YOU IDIOT".

This spiked the interest of Gen who was now standing near her.

"Eh [Name], you and Senku are dating?" This perked the ears of the other members of science too.

"OH I WISH GEN, HOW I WISH" she sobbed into her hands. Everyone sweatdropped when they realised she was lying. She confessed to him more than she can remember and everytime he dodged her questions.

'Even rich people can be desperate' Gen thought.

"I'LL MARRY [NAME] AND RURI BOTH AND WILL EAT RAMEN EVERYDAY" Ginro smacked his baton to Senku.

"Oh hell no" Senku whispered and kicked him in the balls with the baton, declaring himself as the winner.