28 | ❝Clingy❞ - Joshua

╔══════════════════╗
JOSHUA HONG
✎ xxviii. clingy
╚══════════════════╝

 clingy╚══════════════════╝

"Baby..." Joshua mumbled happily, stumbling through the front door, Jihoon barely able to keep him steady on his feet. He had obviously drunk... a lot. His cheeks were stained cutely pink from the alcohol and his speech was slurred, but you just found it endearing.

You weren't sure whether it was Jihoon who had pushed Joshua, or if your boyfriend had launched onto you of his own accord, but you found yourself barely able to support his weight as he clung to you.

"I-I'll take care of him. Thank you, Jihoon!" You called out quickly as the shorter man closed your front door to go back home himself.

"Y/n." Joshua giggled, his face buried in the crook of your neck, smelling the floral scent of your perfume.

"Come on, you big baby, you need to sit down-" Joshua whined in protest despite the fact that he couldn't even support his own body weight. He didn't want to leave your arms for even a second. They were so comfortable to him.

"Shua." You said helplessly, feeling your arms start to give out trying to hold him up on his two unstable feet. You tried your best to move his arm so it draped over your shoulder, a position which allowed you to half carry half drag him to the nearby couch. You pushed him on it as best as you could, cursing him for working out so much and putting on extra weight. He was heavy even though he didn't look that buff.

Now that he was safely on the couch, your next thought was to get him some water... if he wasn't still clinging onto you like you would get dusted by Thanos. You sighed, looking over him, his hand tightly grasping the fabric of your shirt, making sure you didn't move any more than 2 feet from him. He was very cute, but he got so clingy when drunk.

"Joshua, I need to get you water." You tried, attempting to remove his hand and escape.

"Don't want water... jus' want you." He whispered, lips curling up in a lopsided smile.

"It'll only take a minute. I promise I'll be right back. I'm not gonna leave you." You assured him, your words successfully allowing you to loosen his tight grip on you. He whined softly, hand trying to clasp onto yours and hold you still, but you ignored his pleas and ducked down, jogging to the kitchen.

You could hear Joshua whining the entire 30 seconds you were gone which made you laugh. Was he really the 27 year old man you were dating or a 2 year old? You quickly made your way back to him, placing the water on the table, allowing him to pull you into his lap.

"How much did you drink?" You asked, knowing you probably wouldn't get a straight answer out of him until he sobered up a bit. You sat patiently in his lap, his head resting on your shoulder, fingers playing with the beaded bracelet that he had made you, smiling and mumbling about you must really love him cause you never took it off. You just nodded, giving him little affirmative responses every few sentences.

You had enough experience dating him to know that he sobered up fairly quickly. After drinking the water and cuddling with you, he seemed to have stopped whining, indicating he was feeling a little more clear headed and more capable of forming logical sentences.

"Even if I gave you a ring, you wouldn't take off the bracelet, right?" He asked softly, still fixated on the bracelet.

"What kind of ring?"

"Like... a proposal ring." He sounded cutely drowsy.

You thought over his question, wondering why he was suddenly bringing up a proposal. "Nothing could replace the bracelet." You mumbled. He had made the bracelet as a gift for one of your first dates and it was probably the most precious thing you owned.

"Do you love me?" He whispered.

You giggled and turned your head to look at him. He blinked at you, waiting for your response. "Nope. I only love sober Joshua. Sorry." You teased.

"You're so mean."

"I know."

"I really... really love you." He dragged out, talking as if he was explaining something incredibly complicated. And then he pouted, hands still on your waist, pulling you a little closer. You smiled, and leaned just a bit closer to his face, pressing your lips to his pout, making sure he knew that you didn't really mean it.