26 | ❝Personal Heater❞ - Joshua

╔══════════════════╗
JOSHUA HONG
✎ xxvi. personal heater
╚══════════════════╝

Your eyes flickered between staring at the ceiling and glancing over to the sleeping figure of your boyfriend

Your eyes flickered between staring at the ceiling and glancing over to the sleeping figure of your boyfriend. You didn't have the heart to disturb his sleep so you stayed firmly on your side of the bed, despite the chill that wracked through your body. Your boyfriend seemed to be the opposite— warmth radiating off of him like a furnace, making his hugs sound even more inviting than they already were.

You heard a soft groan and immediately glanced over to Joshua. He shifted slightly, eyes opening and meeting yours tiredly. "You're so far away, baby." He mumbled, his voice deep and hoarse from just waking up. He reached out one of his arms, warm hand clasping onto your wrist to bring you closer to him.

You shivered when you felt how cold you were compared to him and eagerly snuggled into his chest, hoping to take advantage of his body heat at last.

"You're warm." You smiled, adjusting his messy bedhead so his hair wasn't falling over his eyes. His eyelids had already fallen shut again, tiredness crashing over him in another wave now that he had you in his arms.

"You're so cold. Did I hog all the blankets or something?" He whispered with a small frown, hoping he wasn't the cause of your chill.

"No... I don't think the blankets could do a better job than you anyway."

"You can cuddle with me even if I'm sleeping... whenever you're cold." He offered, squeezing you just a bit tighter and rubbing your arm to get rid of some of the lingering goosebumps.

"You looked so peaceful, though. I didn't want to disturb you." You defended, earning a small whine from him.

"You know I don't mind... I'd be more than honoured to be your personal heater." He smiled and you laughed at his cuteness. You fell asleep again, wrapped securely in his arms and safe from the cold.