13 | ❝File Folder❞ - Woozi

╔══════════════════╗
LEE JIHOON
✎ xiii. file folder
╚══════════════════╝

Your boyfriend, Jihoon, had told you to meet him in his studio right after dance practice since he had some free time in his schedule

Your boyfriend, Jihoon, had told you to meet him in his studio right after dance practice since he had some free time in his schedule. He was always busy, so you both clung onto the rare breaks in schedules for dear life and took advantage of them to go on dates or just spend some quality time together.

You were a bit early walking through his studio doors that he had left unlocked, smiling at the paintings and layout of the famous Universe Factory. Everything was so him, and it only reminded you of how much you missed him.

You sat down in his producing chair, spinning around slowly as you waited. You spotted one of his soft black hoodies thrown messily on the shelf and you couldn't stop your hand from reaching out and grabbing it. You pulled it over your head with a smile, enjoying the smell of Jihoon's cologne left on the garment.

You continued to wait, looking around the room and examining your boyfriend's possessions as you waited for him to return. He was clearly running late, but you didn't mind. You certainly wouldn't get upset over it. He worked at least 5 times harder than you did.

You glanced over at his desktop, a smile spreading on your face when you saw your favourite picture of you two set as the background image. You looked at it a little closer. It had been a while since you had last seen it.

It was taken about 4 years ago by Seokmin, featuring younger versions of you and Jihoon. He had sneaked in a candid picture of you two with your boyfriend shyly kissing your cheek. He had only taken it to tease Jihoon with, but you both ended up loving it so much that your boyfriend now saw it every day.

You glanced over at the time: 18:12. Practice should have ended by now, so you had no doubt your boyfriend would walk through the doors soon enough.

A file under the clock caught your eye. It had your name on it. You know you shouldn't sneak through Jihoon's things, but in your 5 year relationship, you had shared almost everything with each other. Except, you had never seen this file before, and curiosity got the best of you.

Clicking on it revealed a number of MIDI files, all old demos you presumed. You clicked on the first one, grabbing the headphones on the desk and pressing play.

Just as you had suspected, it was a love song. You knew your boyfriend was a secret romantic. No matter how hard he tried to conceal it for his own pride, he was down bad for you, and you knew it more than anyone. But this was above even your understanding of how much he was in love with you.

You were tearing up at the lyrics almost immediately, and from the date the file was created, you could place it as being written during one of his long tours. How much he had missed you was beautifully reflected in the lyrics, stringing together poetic lines along with his heavenly vocals.