34...Through their eyes

Start from the beginning

"And so what happened? What changed him?" Stiles questioned

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men... A girl." Peter smirked at Yelena, trying to get a reaction from her.

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?" Stiles scoffed and looked at his sister "You know about this?"

Yelena clenched her jaw and looked at Peter's cocky smirk, "no she didn't, did you?" Peter took a few steps closer to them enjoying her reaction, "Well you definitely remember Derek before he was an Alpha? He had blue eyes. Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?"

"I just always thought it was, like, a genetic thing," Stiles admitted.

Peter rolled his eyes "If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the colour of his eyes."

Yelena sighed and listened to peters story or as much as She could between all of stiles interruptions

"Okay, so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he? How old were you? How old are you now?" Stiles questioned.

"Not as young as we could have been, but not as old as you might think," Peter said casually as he sat cross-legged on Derek's couch.

"Okay, that was frustratingly vague. You know how old Derek is?" Stiles asked his sister who rolled her eyes at him "How old is he?!"

Yelena thought for a moment trying to find the right way to explain how they measure age "Old enough." She said simply, making Peter snigger as Stiles then turned to Cora

"How old are you?"

"I'm 17."

"See, that's an answer. That's how we answer people."

"Well, 17 how you'd measure in years."

"What does that mean?" Stiles asked his sister.

"Stiles, does it matter?" Yelena groaned.

"All right, I'm just gonna drop it. What happened to Derek and the cello girl?"

"What do you think happened? They were teenagers. One minute, it's, "I hate you, don't talk to me." The next, it's frantic groping in any dark corner they could manage to find themselves alone for five minutes. Their favorite dark corner was an abandoned distillery outside of Beacon Hills."

"All right, hold up. How do you know all this? You just said that they were alone."

"Because he's full of shit, nothing he says is true it's always a twist or a lie." Yelena snapped as she leaned on the desk.

Peter carried on the story, irritating Yelena as she could tell where Peter was taking this story As he started implying what Derek wanted after a rival pack member died
"-Personally, I looked at Ennis' circumstances, I saw a profound loss. Derek saw something different. He saw an opportunity."

"Opportunity? To do what?" Stiles asked as he listened contently.

"To always be with her," Peter said innocently

"Stop." Yelena snapped making the three of them look at her "I'm not listening to this anymore."

Stiles looked at her in confusion "Why what does he mean-"

"I meant he wanted to give her the bite -" Peter retorted

"You're lying," Yelena said through gritted teeth.

"How would you know?" Peter asked with a smirk

"Derek wouldn't have ever let anyone turn her if it risked killing her. He wouldn't do that to someone he loves."