I put about ten knives in my backpack, along with a waistband and hair ties, but that was it. Quickly I wrote a note for everyone to not worry about me and that I would take the serum and Minho with me.

Then I opened the door. It shrieked loudly, making me squeeze my eyes shut. When finally, it was fully open, I slid through it and closed it fast, putting the cap of my jacket on.

The realization that I would have to walk alone at Lawrence at night scared me, but I just ran down the long stairs and front door.

It didn't take long for me to feel the cold air hitting my skin. The big walls were already close to me, so soon I arrived in front of them, realizing I didn't exactly know how to get in there, except for the well.

"Yo!" Someone suddenly yelled. I flinched deeply and grabbed my knife, pointing it at the black figure walking over to me. "Woah!" They then yelled.

"Shh!" I whisper-screamed. "Who the hell are you?"

"What the hell are you doing in front of those walls?" They replied, moving closer. I tightened the grip on my knife, ready to use it if needed. I would never let a stranger touch me involuntarily again.

"Calm down, jeez." They muttered. By now I recognized the voice as a male. "I asked you something."

"I asked you first." I snapped.

He sighed and turned on a flashlight, shining it right in my eyes. I squeezed them shut before they blinded me completely.

"Holy shit!" He walked even closer. "You're Jane!"

I took his shirt and held the knife to his throat. "Who are you and how do you know my name?" I threatened.

"Everyone knows your name." He chuckled, though his face said he was a bit taken aback by my sudden attack. "Everyone in those walls, I mean." He motioned at them.

The flyers, I then realized. Everyone in there would try to kill me if I entered!
I pulled him closer to the knife. "Who are you?"

"Nick."

"That doesn't give me enough information," I said through my teeth.

"Well, you only asked who I was, right? I answered politely." Nick said.

"Mhm." I hummed and looked at the walls. "If you don't mind, imma leave it here."

"Wait." He said before I left. "Are you trying to get into the city?"

"No, only looks like it." I joked. "Yes, I'm trying to go into the city."

"How? You can't get through these." He patted on the hard stone.

"Through a well," I replied simply. "Goodbye, Nick."

"I can help you!" He added. I froze in my place before slowly turning around, my mind already spinning from thoughts and the right decision to make.
"I have a much easier and quicker way to go in there. But you will have to tell me why you're going."

"How do I know you won't kidnap me?" I raised my eyebrows. "I don't even know what you look like."

He sighed and handed me his flashlight. "Try not to blind me."

I turned it on and inspected Nick's face. His hair was styled in the front, lips pump, and eyebrows clearly visible. He didn't look like a creep to me, though the cap from his brown jacket made him look a bit suspicious, but I also had a cap, so it didn't make much of a difference.

"How do I know you won't do anything?" I repeated, my knife never leaving any of our sight.

"You don't." He shrugged. "You just have to trust me."