Bye Bye Birthday Boy

It all seems to have calmed down. My life is... Peaceful? I think that's a good word. Tobio and I are calm, happy, and secure. My mental health is better than ever and I'm so glad for that. I've been doing my best to be positive, to keep up with my meds and include everyone I love in my life. I started talking to my mom again, Kags and I have dinner with her and Natsu every week. 

My mother is insisting on one of us proposing, she wants to plan a wedding. I feel bad that she keeps pressuring Tobio. Our 19th birthdays are soon, mine is in a week actually, and we both want to wait a bit for anything serious. Though... The idea of marrying the man I love does sound nice. Soon, maybe.

Tobio asked me randomly the other night if I ever wanted kids... I think so. A boy and a girl, just like me and Natsu. I would raise them to be kind and positive and understanding. Kags said that would be perfect. I think i'd want to adopt... But that's a while away. I keep getting carried away, dreaming of a wedding on the beach and little kids running around, maybe i'm in over my head; I don't want to scare him away after all this...

The days seem to fly by as we finish up our senior year of highschool. We both applied to colleges with good volleyball programs (college is the main reason I want to wait for a wedding and kids) and the acceptance or rejection letters should get here soon. My birthday is tomorrow, and I asked for a small little party. Just lunch with the team, a dinner with mom and Natsu, and a night with my boyfriend. I hope he didn't get me anything expensive...

The morning of my birthday, I wake up to a kiss on the nose. I sit up and yawn before Kags sets a plate of strawberry pancakes and tea in my lap. I smile up at him.

"Smells great, Tobio, thank you!" I beam.

I practically inhale the food, and I follow Kags downstairs. I wash up my plate, and he sits on the bar and watches.

"So... I'm waiting to give you your present until tonight." He says.

I shrug. "Alright; can you give me a hint to what it is?" I tease.

I pull myself up onto the counter beside him, leaning on his shoulder.

"Not a chance, kid." He muttered, kissing the top of my head.

I turned to glare at him. "I'm literally older than you."

He grinned at me. "Sure, but I'm taller." 

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, moron."

I sighed. "We should get ready; it's ten AM already, lunch is in an hour..."

We walked upstairs and groggily changed, brushed our teeth and hair, etc. I even did eyeliner for the occasion. While Kageyama started the car, I decided to sneak around to get a peek of my present. Nothing in the closet... Nothing under the bed or in the cupboards... I peeked into his nightstand and caught a small, wrapped box-

"Hey! No peeking!" Kags slid the drawer shut swiftly.

He rolled his eyes. "So impatient. Hurry, we gotta get going." 

I sighed , pouting dramatically. As we drove, we chattered mindlessly about college and dorm plans, singing along to songs until we pulled up to the restaurant. It wasn't anything too fancy, per my request, but not too casual either. I wore baggy jeans and a fitted black long sleeve. As soon as we walked in, we were escorted to our table. I grinned at my cheering friends, being pat on the back and given rib-crushing hugs. I squished between Noya and Kags in the center of the horseshoe booth, unwrapping things like volleyball pumps (Daichi), two tickets to a concert (Tanaka), a handmade beanie (Suga) and lots of cool things.