[PART TWO] Chapter 54 (Rewritten)

Start from the beginning

Sprout or little sprout is the nickname everyone in the group gave you. For obvious reasons since you're small in stature compared to them. And you were seen as a "sprout that will grow into a tall, beautiful tree."

Everyone except Zeke. He just calls you "kid".

"Hey now–!" you wanted to argue.

"Y/N! Shh!" Bertholdt shushed, not wanting you to get involved with what was about to go down.

"Excuse me!?" Reiner spoke.

"What's your strong point? Strength? Brains? Aim? Combat ability? You don't have any of those. The only value they see in you is your loyalty to Marley." Porco argued.

"'I'll slaughter the island devils real good sir!'" he then mocked, holding the apple that has been tossed to you all by Zeke in front of him.

Reiner grabbed ahold of his hand, causing him to drop the apple onto the ground.

You grimaced; you secretly wanted a bite. 

"You're making fun of our mission!? Or maybe you're a stray Restorationist?!"

"Huh?"

"You are, aren't you!? I'll report you to the commander!"

"Then report it, you little shit!"

Reiner just proved Porco's point that he has no brains. He picked a fight with him, thinking he had what it takes to fight. But he's all bark but no bite. Porco easily punched him into the ground.

"Want some more!?" Porco shouted.

"Porco, enough!" Marcel rushed in to stop his brother. You went over to Reiner to check if he was alright.

"Hating the island doesn't make you special! Have fun waiting 13 years alone!" Porco said his peace before storming off.

"Porco!" Marcel called after him.

"Geez, the kid's the youngest here and even she knows how to act mature. Let's go, Pieck." Zeke spoke, completely disregarding the crying Reiner on the ground.

"Don't cry too long or the commander will chew me out." he added.

"Bye, Y/N–little sprout~!" Pieck bid you farewell.

You sighed. "Bye Pieck..." you replied.

Pieck took the longest for you to convince to not be seen as a kid. That only lessened her antics though. Sure, you never pick fights with her. But she was overly affectionate towards you because she sees you as "adorable".

You can't blame her for thinking that way, you're a child.

Reiner softly sobbed while you looked the other way uncomfortable. You were not the best at comforting people.

"Reiner, sorry."

"Stand up, Reiner. C'mon." Bertholdt spoke as the two of you helped him up.

"I'm going to become a Marleyan and live with my mom and dad. I can't wait 13 years. But it's like he said, I am the worst." Reiner admitted.

"You're not the worst. At least you aren't treated as a child or treated as royalty because of your family." you argued.

"But at least you're good with combat ability. On top of that, you're smart too."

"Hey, come on! When I first started out, I was way worst than you!" you replied.

"...You got it right the first few days though."

"I—I did, but I still lost some fights!" you argued.

"You're just trying to make me feel better..."