Leave a light on.

(Your name) and Mikasa only continue to grow closer. However Mikasa has her doubts about being so close to this girl. Her light is dimming and (Your name) is the only person who both; notices and leaves her light on.

On the contrary, (Your Name) is struggling with the same thing, but her independence will not let her ask for help, she won't let anyone see her cry. She ain't ask for help. She's too scared to.

Who helps (Your Name)? She's always helping someone else but no one ever stops and helps her.

(Your Name)'s P.O.V.
"I will leave the light on, you be safe. I'll be here when you come back." I hug the girl in front of me as her eyes show nothing but sadness. "A-are you sure? I don't want to keep you up..." She mutters and hugs me back. Her head resting on my shoulder and her breath fanning my neck with every word that leaves her mouth.

"I promise, Mika'. I'll be here, I'll leave the light on, I'll be awake for when you come back. No matter when you come back." I pat her head as she sniffles quietly.

"Okay, thank you," She pulls back and looks into my eyes, my heart aches for the girl in front of me. "So so much." She kisses my cheek then walks out of the room.

My heart flutters in my chest as I hover my finger over the spot she kissed. Her body was so warm. I need another hug like that. It's like she's made of warmth and I'm deprived of it.

I sigh. Then make my way to the light-switch. I flick it on and the room lights up with a blue light. I sit on the couch and look out the window. How long is she going to be gone for? I miss her already.

"It's okay (Your Name) she's fine. She's probably fine." I reassure my racing heart. I inhale deeply then exhale.
She's gonna be okay, she's a big girl. She can take care of herself. When I'm not around.

I stand up and walk to the living  room of the dorm. Someone knocks on the door, I walk up to it hesitantly. "It's Connie and Ony." Onyankopon speaks through the door. I open the door and the two men walk in.

"Where's Mikasa?" Connie asks. "She went to go talk to someone. She'll be back soon." I say to the boys "Are you trying to reassure us or yourself?" Onyankopon pats my shoulder. His brown eyes softly looking into mine.

"What..." I stretch the word out. "I'm fine. In fact I've never felt better." I smile. "Go ahead, Connie. Let me talk to (Your Name)." Onyankopon waves away his friend. "Listen. I know you're worried about her. But this isn't the only thing you're worried about is it?" He sits down in the chair that's pushed into the island, I sit on top of the island.

"You can see right through me, can't you?" I chuckle. Not truly asking him. "Of course. You're my closest friend. I can see right through you." He chuckles. "But seriously. You're always there for everyone else but whose there for you..?" He furrows his eyebrows into each other, I begin to thinks "Quickly." He snaps his fingers.

"I'm fine though." I look up at the ceiling with a shrug. "Lie again and Imma put you in a goddamn chokehold." He flexes his muscles. I laugh seeing him flex. "Okay. My bad." I put my hands up.

"Now talk to me." He folds his hands together. "It's a lot. But I'm working through it. Every day is a different day..." I sigh, "I just don't know what to do. I'm trying to but I can't do anything. It feels like I just have to live like this for the rest of my life." I speak with no emotion in my words.

"You've been through a lot and you're so strong. Truthfully you might have to live like this for your whole life but you're gonna learn how to manage it. Everyday is different. You have to cherish the good days and the bad." I can feel his gaze on me.

"You really care about me, huh?" I look down at him. "Yes. I do care for you, I care about you." He looks up into my eyes. "Thank you, Ony." I smile and hug the boy now sitting next to me. "You're welcome, my friend. If you ever need me I'm here." He smiles.

I smile back and we both look out the window. Mikasa's car pulls into the parking lot. "You like her. You just don't know it yet." Onyankopon breaks the brief moment of silence. "Connie! C'mere, pa!" Onyankopon shouts before I can say something back.

"You two are dating?" I ask him. He shushes me. "Girl, I don't know. It's college though, we're gonna have fun while we can." He smiles and jumps down from the island and walks over to Connie. I laugh while looking at the two boys interact.

The door creaks open and my heart races, a small smile spreads on my face. "(Your Name)?" Mikasa calls out while her back is facing me. "Mikasa." I speak, she turns around and runs to me. "I missed you!" She smiles into my thigh. "You really left the light on..." She mutters.

"I always will."

A/N; hey y'all 😛. don't hate me abt the whole Connie x Onyankopon thing. I just wanted to see how y'all would feel abt it. Some people like it, others don't.

It's just a rare pairing. i actually saw them on a tumblr post . (i forget the authors name myb 😔) also shoutout to tumblr she a real one frl frl. but this was just some bs. the connie and onyankopon thing, this story may seem like it's going all i've the place but there is a theme 🧎🏽‍♀️ it's just a lil hard to see right now.

but it's something , if you like it lmk , if you don't lmk . i'm not gon change nun but i wanna know how y'all feelin .

anyways see y'all laterrrrr ✌🏾

before i go frl, this isn't proofread or anything , so i'm sorry if there are any mistakes ...