Chapter 21

No luck. They scanned the bayou, but there was no luck.

Elijah spent the next day worried sick! And that was an understatement. He's searched the whole of the French Quarter but nothing was found.

Klaus was busy trying to track her down via the witches: but literally all witches were blown back by the barrier they were succumbed to.

"No luck" klaus said as he walked in to face Elijah.

"Me neither" Elijah sat down and began to wrack his brain for any clues or anything that would lead him to her whereabouts "she couldn't have just left; she had too much to lose, her pack doesn't know where she is either"

Elijah stopped "except for one who said they saw her in wolf form yesterday afternoon but that was no help"

"You're not going to like what I have to say" Klaus had an idea but he knew Elijah wouldn't like it

"What is it? Anything" Elijah said quickly

"Hayley spends a lot of time in the bayou, maybe her heightened senses have picked anything up" Klaus Suggested

"No" he replied almost instantly, giving a small chuckle "you know how that would work out"

"You said you'd do anything to find her, it's a long shot but it could help" Klaus snapped back "the full moon is almost here, I'd go now" he nodded to the door and Elijah reluctantly turned around and left.

-

She was right. Clarissa was always right about this type of thing. She awoke when the moon was full, back in her original body.

On the floor, all she could find was old tattered clothes and her oversized button up, which she quickly put on. Everything else had been ruined.

She felt physically sick. Her head pounded and all she could think about was finding the nearest person to tell. She didn't have long whatsoever.

She stumbled from tree to tree until she could finally get her balance. Her brunette hair covered part of her face and her bare legs scraped along each other as she walked.

Suddenly, she heard noises. People speaking, this was her chance.

Clarissa picked up her pace and followed the sounds of the voices until she reached an empty camp.

The sight of Hayley and Elijah made her jump by the nearest tree and hide.

"I don't know where she is" she heard Elijah say

"I don't want to say anything Elijah, I thought she would have told you" Hayley sounded disappointed, were they talking about Clarissa?

"What?" Elijah's voice cracked "what is it?"

"I caught her packing her things up, she told me not to tell you, but you look so worried, I couldn't keep it a secret any longer, Elijah, I'm truly sorry" she explained.

That bitch. Clarissa had the right to jump out and call her out on her venomous lies. But then she thought...

The way to undo these curses would be to get the blood of the witch that had started the spell to begin with... And the witch has now died. There was no way Clarissa could think of that would help her situation. Meaning that she would only be human for one night and it would cause Elijah even more pain.

She wanted Elijah to wait for her, but it wasn't fair on him. To only have a girlfriend one night a month and the and rest would be sat waiting for her. No. Maybe Hayley's lies were for the best. So Clarissa tried to sneak away.

"Damn"she whispered as her foot caught a stick, making a cracking noise.

Elijah looked up and around to see if anyone had made that sound, it echoed through his head. "Is anyone there?" He asked

Clarissa forgot that she could speed now, so she zoomed of into the distance with tears filling her eyes. It was worse due to her heightened emotions.

"No ones there, Elijah" Hayley shook her head "its your head playing tricks on you"

Elijah was absolutely heart broken. He couldn't believe it, he didn't want to believe it.... But she had vanished.

She had written that letter though, did she change her mind? Normally Clarissa would be straight with him, and why didn't she tell her pack? She just upped and left.

Millions of questions swam around in Elijah's mind. She must've really wanted to get away if she found a witch that can block tracking spells.

"Maybe it's time to let go Elijah, she obviously doesn't want to be found" Hayley raised her hand and cupped Elijah's face, wiping his tear with her gentle thumb.

Elijah turned away quickly, out of her touch. "Elijah" her voice didn't have the same effect on him ever since he and Clarissa had shared more than he could have ever thought. "I think we should start again"

A distraction. Came to mind, Clarissa was first a distraction from Hayley and her marriage. And she worked amazingly, maybe what Elijah needed was a distraction.

Elijah slowly nodded his head. Agreeing to try and leave Clarissa behind for her to start her own life as a hybrid. Agreeing to start his relationship and try to spark up old feelings for an old flame.

But he could only try.