Chapter 5

Dahlia? Elijah questioned as he lifted Clarissa up so her head rested on her knee. He tried to feed her his blood, but it was something that he couldn't heal. She was breathing, that was the main thing.

Suddenly, his vision became blurred and his surroundings slowly faded to black as he breathed in whatever had been infused into his air.

-

"Clarissa are you okay?!" She awoke to Ezra shaking her vigorously "Clarissa"

"What" she flickered her eyes open and then looked around at the wolves who circled her "what happened?"

"Someone attacked you, Elijah went to find you but I can't find him whatsoever" Ezra explained

"He was here, with me" she swallowed and some memories came back "it was Dahlia, she must have taken him"

Ezra looked angry, it was obviously an inconvenience, Elijah was the better brother

"We have to go and help him" Clarissa made to get up but Ezra pushed her straight back down

"He's an original, he has a better chance of escaping if he is alone, we I'll just tie him down" Ezra argued "plus you need to rest"

"We can't just leave him there" she retaliated

"Clarissa, we don't even know where he is" Ezra turned around to her, he was serious "now, I'm walking you to your cabin and you are going to rest"

Clarissa huffed as she got to her feet; her legs wobbled but she didn't want to show any signs of weakness to her brother. If there were actually any chances of him allowing her out to find Elijah.

"Now, stay here" Ezra demanded when Clarissa entered her little cabin. How could she stay? Elijah had helped her and her pack, and now it was time to return the favour.

Clarissa sat on her chair, she thought of where he could be; just then; she saw short visions of Elijah. He was chained up, in a... Tomb? Where could this be?

Finally, it clicked. She didn't know why she could connect to him, maybe he was trying to reach her. But it worked.

Clarissa looked around the camp to ensure that Ezra was dealing with whatever he needed to deal with, she picked up her crossbow, which she flung effortlessly over her back, and left.

Stick to the outskirts of the camp. That's the only rule she had to follow to get out without being caught. If Ezra sees her, she's toast and if anyone else sees her; she'll eventually be toast, because everyone reports back to their alpha.

-

Elijah was dazed. His arms in chains that were attached to the walls; they were also drenched in vervain.

"Why haven't you killed me yet?" He breathed, unable to speak properly

"My aim is not to kill you" a voice sounded surprised "yet"

Elijah was unable to see the face that taunted him. Obviously Dahlia; but nobody knew what she looked like, nobody had gotten this close only to not see her.

"I'm working a plan, before I show myself" she began "I'm going to turn ally against ally, and that's where you come in"

"What?" The information had only got through that Elijah wasn't to die. He was only to be used as a piece in her chess board

"It seems like you've got quite the admirers" she laughed "I wonder who will come to your rescue?"

She didn't have to explain more; whoever came to rescue him, be it Hayley or Niklaus or Clarissa, though he knew that Ezra wouldn't allow that and at this moment she would be sleeping, Dahlia would hurt them beyond belief, turning them the wrong way or ridding the earth of them completely.

"You're right" Dahlia said, searching through his mind like an open book "whoever comes through here; they will be the one to ruin your alliance therefore ruining your chance of defeating me"

The room went quiet and he heard slight movements "look like we have our winner" she said. Her dark figure disappeared in mid air followed by a lighter one running in.

"Hayley" he murmured, unable to see who it was.

Clarissa's heart sunk when he called her name. But, he was still in danger so she ran and knelt in front of him

"No it's me" her hands grabbed each side of his face to force him to look at her, and for her to get a better view on how bad this was

"You shouldn't be here" he turned his head to the side, he knew that Dahlia would take her next steps carefully to destroy Clarissa, somehow, and that she didn't deserve it.

"But I am, so deal with it" she clung onto the chains and tried as hard as she could to pull them off.

Finally after moments of struggle, she managed to unattach them from the wall.

"Oh god" she worried "you need blood" panicking, she looked around the room, she didn't know what for, she was just pacing.

Elijah rose to his feet and shook of the rest of Dahlia's evil spell. He heard a voice in his mind

"Looks like my spells can't stop this one" Dahlia's voice echoed, only confirming what he knew.

Clarissa stopped in front of Elijah who was now swaying with dizziness. He had obviously zoned out and only came back into reality in the middle of her sentence

"-I mean if you really need to" she lifted her wrist "but only a bit, to get you out of here and to someone else"

Normally, Elijah wouldn't drink from her; every fibre of his being told him not to, but his hunger, so raw and loud, spoke to him. His fangs extended, showing Clarissa a sliver of what could be behind his red door.

She looked terrified; flinching with every move he made. And finally, once he clasped on to her wrist, she jerked but then relaxed under his cold touch.

Clarissa breathed deeply, trying not to show Elijah that he was hurting. She thought it would be less painful, but his fangs penetrating her wrist along with the consistent throbbing of the blood being drained away, actually made her nauseous.

She groaned a bit; she thought he'd be done by now, she didn't want to say anything.

"Elijah please" she stifled a cry and it burst out when she had taken enough

He immediately pulled away, hurt filled his eyes as they went back to their hazel colour. "I'm so sorry" his fangs disappeared

Clarissa removed a tissue from her pocket and wiped Elijah's mouth clean from her blood before pressing it onto her own wound "it's okay, you're okay now" she nodded

He stepped closer, removing the tissue from her hand before looking at the wound. Two puncture marks were very visible, though small, they looked ever so painful.

"They'll heal" she re assured him. But that wasn't enough, Elijah but into his wrist and offered it to her

"It'll heal quicker with this" he nodded, allowing his wrist closer to her mouth.

At first, her head jolted back, unsure on whether she should take it. Was it only fair that she should take some of his blood in return? Or was it a good gesture?

Finally, she took his arm, only out of want to touch his skin and feel him, it comforted her. She softly placed her lips around the blood and drank only her fill, no more, no less.

"You though I was Hayley?" She had to talk about it, it would weigh on her chest if she didn't

"I was dazed; it didn't..." He began, but was interrupted

"You wanted her to save you" she finished his sentence "have you told her?"

"Told her what?" Elijah asked curiously

"That you love her, silly" Clarissa cursed herself for giving relationship advice to someone she fancied, she's only pushing him further away

Elijah shook his head, he hadn't told Hayley he loved her, never.

"Maybe you should, you never know, it could change her whole outlook on things" Clarissa shrugged "we best get back; Ezra would definitely think I'm missing now"