Chapter 20

Clarissa walked past the Mikaelson's silently, she didn't want to waste time speaking, and she knew she'd see Elijah later on.

All she wanted to do was spend a bit more time as a wolf. Get used to changing on demand, and turning back, control etc. the usual things.

Maybe she could visit her pack, she wasn't sure yet. Dahlia worked her magic on the rings and made them irrelevant, plus the full moon was tomorrow, so the pack would become rowdy and she wouldn't be able to control herself around them.

She reached the depths of the bayou and began to ready herself for her transitions.

She threw an oversized lumberjack shirt over a tree branch along with some jeans and other necessities.

She tied her hair back into a loose pony tale, it didn't help but she felt comfortable with it up.

Clarissa lifted her arm and watched as the daintiness of it turned thicker and hairs grew until her hand fully transformed into a paw.

And then she jumped back. Turning her arm back to normal. Obviously she was terrified, turning only brought pain and bad luck.

Breathe in. Breathe out. She did this multiple times before starting again. This time she went further.

Her bones snapped, causing her to fall on the floor. It was just as painful as last time.

"Agh" she whispered quietly as her leg snapped again and again, ensuring she was on four legs. And then, after minutes, she was finally a wolf.

As she prowled around the bayou, her wolf mind could not stop thinking about one thing.

When she attacked Dahlia, she grabbed Clarissa's face and chanted something. Leaving a tingling sensation.

Clarissa felt the same sensation as she did those days ago. And the memory of her grabbing Clarissa's face played over and over again, making the wolf stumble and her vision blur

She prowled past her camp and watched her pack carry out their every day activities, readying for the full moon tomorrow.

But she got bored easily. She couldn't speak and only a handful would recognise her as their alpha. And there was no Elijah.

The day slowly dimmed into night and Clarissa thought it was about time to change back now, so she returned to her set up and began to turn.

But she stayed a wolf. Why wasn't she turning? This feeling had struck her before, the confusion, the feeling of nausea, the tingling almost burning sensation.

She daren't think that it was possible, she was a hybrid now. Panicking was barely even an option now, nobody helpful would recognise, all she had to do would be to wait until the full moon to confirm any suspicions.

-

Elijah adjusted his tie in the mirror and fixed his jacket to look his best. He gave a small smirk in the mirror and checked his watch.

"7.58pm" exactly 2 minutes until he had to be with Clarissa. Perfect.

It gave him enough time to admire the large bouquet of red, pink and cream roses that he had picked out especially for her.

"7.59"

He laced his shoes up and stepped out the door to go only a few steps down the corridor.

He knocked on the door, holding the flowers high for Clarissa to see when she opens the door.

No answer.

He knocked again, but louder this time. She must be getting ready still...Elijah thought back to the time when he first saw Clarissa at Hayley's wedding. The white dress suited her like bees suited flowers.

But she would have suited black even more. She was one of those girls who would look absolutely stunning wearing a plastic bin bag.

"Clarissa?" He asked when she didn't answer the door.

Becoming concerned now, he grabbed the handle and opened the door to her room.

The bed was still messy, she had definitely slept in it last night. But the rest of her room seemed untouched. Where was she?

Elijah walked out to the entrance in search for her "Clarissa?" He shouted

"What's with the shouting?" Klaus jumped down and smiled at Elijah

"It's Clarissa, she's gone" Elijah looked worried sick and his words hit Klaus too.

"How do you know? Couldn't she just be out" Klaus asked

"We were supposed to go out tonight, she wrote a letter" Elijah retrieved it from his pocket and gave it to Klaus, who scanned it quickly before handing it back

"She was going out today to teach herself to turn into a wolf, maybe she is in the bayou" he suggested which Elijah thought was actually helpful for once

"Let's go" Elijah turned on his heel and walked out of the door side by side with his brother