Chapter 14

Kara, the injured wolf, twiddled her fingers. She was alone in the middle of an alley in the quarter, nervous to say the least

she closed her eyes for a moment, the excruciating pain of her head overwhelmed her. The pain grew worse when someone approached her.

"Who the hell are you?" Kara asked defensively. A weapon burnt in her back pocket, but she was sure that it shouldn't be used on this man.

"I am the one you seek" he spoke rhythmically as if he was reading a poem "Dahlia"

The name perked up in Clarissa's ears around the corner. This was her plan all along to seek war. She would make an example of her friend Kara, making her seem to go rogue. Dahlia would obviously see her pack split off and find them to make an alliance.

And that's when she'd strike. She would do her worst to injure Dahlia and if she doesn't die, they would wage a war.

"You don't look like a Dahlia, more like a Bill" Kara laughed to herself

"I'm not going to actually show my face am I?" Dahlia laughed like it was common sense

"So, you're here because?" Kara just needed to confirm her suspicions

"I've seen how your alpha treats you" he stepped forward "your head, the training... So rough"

Dahlia's fingers trailed across the wound on Kara's face, she felt it tingle and then finally heal.

"I'm here to make a deal" he said "your alliance for the death of your alpha, the death of the vampires and, of course; I get the child for my own power"

"You really want to know what I want?" Kara distracted dahlia, stepping intricately and speaking to cover the sound of Clarissa behind her.

"What's that?" Dahlia asked playfully. Kara finally realised that the man's eyes shone blue because He had been possessed.

"War" Kara's lips didn't move. But it was Clarissa who answered for her, the knife in Kara's pocket stayed put, Clarissa had decided to use her own weapon to puncture Dahlia's stomach.

Dahlia knelt down with an even glare. "You shouldn't have done that" his hands raised to grab each side of Clarissa's face and she began to chant.

"Get off me" she felt her body tingle and immediately wriggled free, leaving blood smudges on her face and down her clothes. Clarissa threw Dahlia fully on the ground and quickly snapped her neck, leaving Dahlia to return to her original body and the man, well, he won't be waking up anytime soon.

"Leave the body" Clarissa demanded as she strode off down the back roads

"Where are we going now?" Kara tried to keep up but Clarissa's movements were too quick

"You're going back home, your wounds are healed and now go and train, we have about a day or so until Dahlia comes" she said

"And what about you? Where are you going?" She asked, grabbing her shoulder to stop her

"The Mikaelson's" she replied "we need some vampires for this part" she winked before disappearing into the crowd.

-

"Clarissa" Elijah stood on the balcony onlooking the entrance of the compound, where of course, Clarissa stood, with her arms folded, looking very... Determined, Elijah thought that word fit well with her personality.

"Elijah" she mimicked his greeting but sounded monotone, no emotion towards him. "Where's everyone else?"

"Out" he said "why are you here?"

"I need you" she said "um the vampires" Clarissa corrected herself once she realised what she said

"Why?"

"Oh, I don't know Elijah, because I'm throwing a freaking party" she snapped sarcastically

"You didn't.." Elijah shook his head, knowing exactly what she had done, he was in disbelief, he wanted her to say that she did not tell Dahlia she wanted a war "you didn't wage a war on Dahlia"

"Yes, I told her I wanted a war right before I stabbed her in the stomach and snapped her neck"

Elijah sped down so he was seconds from either kissing her or killing her, he wasn't sure right at the minute. "How could you be so stupid?" He exclaimed

"What are you going to do Elijah?" She smirked "it's not like you can break my heart or anything; you can kill me, but Dahlia would still come and she would still take that child" it was inevitable, but Elijah wouldn't kill her, or even hurt her.

"I need to call Niklaus" he retrieved his phone and proceeded to call his brother whilst Clarissa stood and watched with a playful grin.

Elijah told the whole story to Niklaus who didn't seem very happy about it. "Don't..." Elijah argued "we have plenty other worries than killing her"

Clarissa strode forwards and snatched the phone out of his hand "hi Klaus, it's Clarissa, we haven't met before but it's nice to know you already have a grudge against me; but listen here, You have your plans and I have mine, you can carry out your plan at the same time whatever it is, if you work quickly, dahlia is coming and that's inevitable, so pick up your pace and get with your work, you can kill me when she's dead" she took the phone and threw it back to Elijah who quickly placed it back up to his ear.

After a while, he hung up and slid it back into his inner pocket. "You have the vampires" he said.

Clarissa smiled in her success "great" she seemed proud of herself

"But I don't guarantee you have your life" Elijah lectured "how oblivious can you be, first you provoke Dahlia and now you snatch the reigns of Niklaus, I've never known you to be so..." Elijah couldn't think of the word to use

"Reckless? Careless, mindless, negligent, rash, wild? You have a whole list there Elijah, choose one, however I'd like to say productive because one way or another, within the next week, dahlia would be dead, so don't get mad"

Elijah fell silent. "I'm not mad" he looked at the ground "I'm concerned for you, because you've got a higher chance of dying"

"Since when have you been worried about little old me Elijah?" She flicked her hair back "last time I checked you prefer some hybrid's legs around you rather than to be in my company"

Elijah's raged built up along with his lust for that girl. He strode forward and roughly grabbed her waist, pushing her further into him.

He held on side of her face as he threw himself into her, kissing her hard.

"What are you doing?" Clarissa almost snapped his neck I surprise and agitation "no" she shook her head "you're not doing that to me" Clarissa turned and walked off out of Elijah's sight.

But that 5 second kiss was all that it took. Not only did he feel her hesitation to move away or to stay where she was, but he could still reach into her soul and feel her emotions.

He felt, anger most of all, despair as well, but what really stood out to him was the slight niggling of love that she felt. The spark still burnt in her for Elijah, which meant he could not give up hope. Her pride got in the way of that kiss, she didn't want to leave him.

-

Clarissa played with her keys, still fuzzy after the surprise Elijah had bestowed upon her. What she needed to do was just get in and have a moment of solitude to get her head straight, she couldn't give in to him, not that easily.

But what she saw inside her cabin, who she saw, made her drop her keys and turn to run. But she couldn't move. She could only sit and look at the person in front of her

"Dahlia"