FIFTY-ONE

"Rook, keep an eye on the kids." Allie didn't even give him a chance to respond before she rushed out the same door that Colson had left from.

She found him standing by the car with his phone to his ear and it was obvious that Casie's mother wasn't answering the phone for him judging by how he immediately tried to call her again. "Fuck!" He shouted right before he smashed his phone onto the pavement. "She turned her phone off."

"Colson, I need you to stop and listen to me for a minute." Allie reached up to place her hands on his shoulders before she leaned up on her toes to look into his eyes. "I know this isn't a good situation but you can't act a fool and smash your phone in a Chuck E Cheese parking lot."

Colson took a deep breath with his eyes closed before he slowly let it out and looked down at her. "We will figure this out together later when we get home. The last thing we need is to figure it out now and you flip out and deck the mouse in there."

Colson tried his hardest to hide his laugh as he pictured himself punching a guy in a mouse suit in front of a bunch of screaming kids. "Wanna get in the car and smoke a blunt? We can leave the windows down so it airs out."

Allie dropped her hands from his shoulders and shoved him away with a scoff. "We are literally at a childrens arcade. That's like smoking a blunt at Disney."

"I have smoked a blunt at Disney before." Colson couldn't help but notice the smile that appeared on her lips, she wasn't offended, she was amused by it. "Pete and I had a smoke session under the sea."

"YOU SMOKED A BLUNT AT THE LITTLE MERMAID ATTRACTION!?" Allie whisper shouted as she got into the drivers seat of the car, choosing to ignore the laugh that escaped Colson's lips.

Colson followed suit and shut the car door behind him as Allie put the key into the ignition and started it up to roll the windows down. "With The Little Mermaid." Colson corrected as he lifted up the console and pulled out the blunt and lighter. "And Pete."

Allie gave him a 'do you think I'm fucking stupid' look. "You're so full of shit that your hair is gonna turn brown if you're not careful." She watched him light the blunt and bring it up to his lips to hit.

"I swear to god. She was going on break and we asked her." Allie sat there in disbelief as she watched him hit the blunt. She found it far too ridiculous to believe, yet ridiculous enough for him to do. Allie rolled her eyes as she took the blunt from him.

She stared at him in disbelief as she smoked, unsure of how her life got to this point. It wasn't long ago that she was just a normal mom and a homebody. Now she was dating one of the biggest rockstars on the charts. She didn't know how she got so lucky, if you could even really call it luck with all the downfalls.

"I know goddamn well you two ain't out here smoking next to a mom and her toddler?" Allie nearly jumped out of her skin when Rook popped his head through her open window. She nearly choked on the smoke she still had in her lungs as she quickly threw the entire blunt on the ground next to his feet.

Colson's eyes were darting around the parking lot on both sides of the vehicle, looking for any sign of the family that he was referring to. "Rook, you dumb motherfucker, there's nobody out here." Allie reached out and smacked Rook's arm, her menacing glare locked on him.

"That's not even fucking funny, John!" She shouted, her index finger pointing right in his face before she lowered it to the ground with a serious expression. His laughter only grew the more she tried to be serious. "Now, you can pick it up. Don't make me call Rena over here."

Rook held his hands up in defense before he bent down and picked up the blunt, blowing off any dirt before placing it between his lips. "Just because it's not funny to you, doesn't mean it's not funny to me and Colson."