FORTY-SEVEN

"Police, open up!" Allie was in the middle of hitting a blunt when she heard the loud banging on the door of the bus. They hadn't had time to leave before the police showed up, no doubt looking for Colson. Allie began coughing up a lung, searching for an ash tray to put the blunt out in.

"It's legal here, Al. You ain't gotta put it out." Slim was laughing over Allies paranoia, it being a dead giveaway that she didn't smoke very often. Allie didn't see how putting it out would matter anyway when the entire bus was hotboxed.

Rook was the one who came from the back of the bus to answer the door since nobody even bothered to move. Colson didn't like to talk to the police, and Allie was far too high to do so. As soon as Rook cracked the bus door, a cloud of smoke escaped and hit the officer in the face.

"Are you Colson Baker?" The cop was shining a flashlight in Rooks face and Allie could tell that was getting on his nerves. Allie passed the blunt over to Slim who was peeking around the couch to see what was going on.

"No. Why are you looking for Colson?" Rook decided to play dumb even though the cop wasn't fooled. He had a report of a short drummer with brown hair in the crowd with Colson. He wasn't stupid and knew Rook was involved somehow.

"I just need to ask him a few questions. Is the young lady that got hit in there too? My partner is going to talk to her." Allie attempted to get up but Colson pulled her back down before she could make her presence known.

Colson stepped over to the door and moved Rook out of the way before he looked down at the officer. "You can talk to me all you want but you can't talk to her. She's sleeping." Allie quickly caught the blanket that Slim tossed her before laying down on the couch.

She was trying her best to pretend to be asleep when the officer shined his light into the bus for confirmation. After the light went out, Allie opened one eye to watch Colson step out and shut the door behind him. "Is he gonna go to jail?" Allie whispered to Rook who slightly shrugged his shoulders in response.

"I have no idea. I don't think self defense applies when you defend someone else." Rook was peeking out of the blinds to see what was going on, being his usual nosy self. "It's not like we can't bail him out if it comes to that."

Allie let out a deep sigh, trying not to worry about a man that could handle himself, but she just couldn't help it. In her mind, he would be gone for a while, not just a few hours. It was as if she forgot that he had money like that.

"What started the fight in the crowd and why did you get involved in it?" The officer asked Colson who knew he had probably already been told the story a hundred times by now but he went with it anyway.

"I had my girlfriend in the pit. There was a drunk guy pushing her and some fans around. The guy hit my girlfriend and I jumped off the stage to help her." Colson explained, not that he really had to explain himself. Any guy would have done the same thing if they were in that situation.

The officer nodded slowly. "I understand that, brother. I do need to see her face though just so I have something to tell dispatch. The drunk guy has been arrested because there was multiple witnesses. However, if I can't tell them I have seen her injuries with my own eyes then I have to take you in too."

Colson let out a deep sigh, half of him not wanting Allie to be brought into this but he knew that Allie would never let him hear the end of this if he didn't comply. "Alright, just don't wake her up, please. Don't flash your light in her face."

Allie quickly laid back down and covered up when she heard the door beginning to open just in case it wasn't Colson. She peeked out of one eye when she noticed him, Colson shaking his head at her so she would close it again. "She's on the couch." He whispered to the officer who walked in behind him.

Colson turned on a nearby lamp so the officer could see her face better. "I probably would have knocked him out too if he touched my wife. I'm on your side here." Allie couldn't believe what she was hearing. Maybe he wouldn't go to jail for this.

The officer quickly turned his radio down when a voice came through before he clicked the button to respond. "Victim has a large handprint on the right side of her face. She's resting so I can't ask questions. Everything checks out, I'll be bringing the suspect in."

Colson walked the officer back to the door before letting him out. "Make sure you wake her up every so often just in case she has a concussion. A witness said she was knocked off her feet. Nobody knows if she hit her head or got stomped on when the riot broke out."

Colson nodded before he told the man thank you and shut the door. Allie sat straight up as soon as the door was closed, grateful that he wasn't getting arrested. She held her arms out for him, wanting to cuddle and sleep it off until she got back home to Ryker.

Colson picked her up into his arms and carried her back to his bunk before climbing in with her and pulling the blanket over their bodies. "I'm glad you didn't get arrested. I'd rather not cuddle with Rook. He's lousy at it and he's always burning up."

Rook leaned over the bunk above them and looked down at her with an evil glare, Allie completely unaware that he was up there. "I can fucking hear you. Cuddling with you is like cuddling an ice cube with your cold ass feet."

Allie couldn't help but laugh as she reached out to shove his head away, Rook crawling back into bed. "Goodnight, both of you. I'm exhausted. Wake me when I'm home." Allie mumbled before she rested her head against Colson's chest and closed her eyes.

A/N:

I noticed I was having major writers block with the sequel so I decided to just continue here. Don't worry it will all tie together with the one chapter I wrote for the sequel.

Lots of love xx