ONE

Colson wasn't lying when he said he had rolled the biggest blunt. It was at least as big around as her wrist. Rook had to use two lighters to help him light it, and when he hit it, he blew out the biggest cloud of smoke she had ever seen.

As soon as the smoke left his mouth, he began coughing up a lung as he passed it to Rook who was patting the blonde on the back. "Don't choke to death, bro. That would be one hell of a story to tell the paramedics."

When Rook took a bigger hit than Colson did, like an idiot, he had the same reaction that Colson did. She thought she was going to witness two deaths over a fucking blunt. "You guys are weak as fuck."

She realized she fucked up when they both turned to look in her direction and Rook was extending the super blunt out to her. "If you think it's so easy then be my guest. Show us how weak we are." Allie was never one to back down from a challenge.

She reached out take it, having to use every one of her fingers just to hold the damn thing. She brought it to her lips and took the biggest hit she could. She held the smoke in for a few seconds before she let it out, only coughing a couple times.

Colson glanced over at Rook with wide eyes, his lips slightly parted in disbelief. "Dude, a chick just outsmoked us." Rook was just as amazed, yet proud, as Colson was.

"This is why she is one of the very few people I associate with." Allie took one more hit before she handed it back to Colson, his fingers brushing against hers as he reached out to take it.

She felt her stomach doing flips over just a small touch, her heart fluttering as if she had a high school crush on a boy that was way out of her league.

She had only ever been with one person, the football star at her high school. He knocked her up right after graduation and went off to college without a care in the world and never spoke to her again.

She didn't have time to be with anyone after that, Ryker took up all of her free time. Not that she cared, she loved her son, but she needed love too. A different kind of love than her child could give her.

"I like this girl. Why haven't you brought her around before?" Allie was nervous at this point. She knew what was coming next. Rook was going to tell Colson about her child and Colson would be completely turned off by it. She would lose her only chance with him.

She thought Colson was gorgeous and had an amazing personality just from the few minutes that she had known him. She didn't see an actual future, but she could see him being her second boyfriend. If he turned out to be okay with Ryker.

When Rook opened his mouth to tell Colson why she never came around, Allie quickly stood up and reached out to take Rook's hand, giving him a desperate look. "JP, can you take me to the kitchen? I'm thirsty."

Rook was thankfully distracted and lead her down a long hallway that lead to the kitchen, immediately going for the refrigerator. "What would you like?" He clearly wasn't aware of why she wanted to come in here.

"I'm not really thirsty." Rook turned around to face her, a confused expression on his face. She let out a small sigh, trying to figure out how to word what she wanted to say.

"Don't tell Colson about Ryker. At least not yet." Rook didn't understand why she wanted to keep her son a secret until he noticed the look on her face when she looked down at her hands in her lap.

"Don't tell me you have a thing for him." When Allie looked up at him with a small smile, Rook let out a deep groan and reached up to pinch the bridge of his nose.

"I knew this would happen and I was dreading it. I don't want you guys to date and something go wrong and it effects my career." Allie understood where he was coming from, he was worried he would have to pick sides.

"I just think he's cute. I'm only fucking human. I didn't say I wanted to date him. I just want someone to talk to that isn't you or a toddler." Rook took a moment to process this before he finally nodded.

"Okay. But don't start anything until you are sure it will work out. I mean it." Allie wanted to laugh over how protective he was of her and his friend, but she pressed her lips into a thin line to keep from doing it.

"Cross my heart." She drew an invisible cross over her chest with her fingers and reached out to take the bottle of water he was giving her so it wouldn't look suspicious when they went back out into the living room.

"Bout fucking time. I thought I was gonna have to smoke this by myself." Colson announced once they took their previous spots on the couch, Allie sitting closest to him this time instead of Rook.

She felt the high kick in from only two hits, which probably would have been so many more if the blunt were regular sized. She debated on if she wanted to even smoke more but when Colson handed it to her, she didn't want to look like a wuss in front of him.

"Don't get too high, Allie. You get goofy as fuck. We will hear your girly ass laugh until it wears off." She stuck her middle finger up at Rook, even though what he said was true. She tended to find everything funny when she was high.

"Rook, you do the same fucking thing when you are drunk. Don't pick on her like that." She was both surprised and happy over Colson coming to her defense. She looked over at him in adoration.

"Thank you, Colson. Rook is a bully." She decided to go ahead and drop the JP name and call him Rook, the nickname being more catchy.

"I won't let him do that to you anymore."