FIFTY

Allie watched the hairdresser take the apron off Casie and turn her around so she could see her final look. Allie let Casie have all the say in how she wanted her hair done, if it made someone mad then so be it. It made Casie happy therefore she didn't give a single shit.

Casie wanted almond colored curls and Allie thought it looked amazing on her. It made her eyes stick out more. "I love it!" Casie shouted as soon as she saw her hair, her big smile making Allie feel at peace for the first time in a few days.

Casie couldn't stop touching the curls, already on her phone taking selfies. "I think you look absolutely beautiful." Allie commented to which Casie turned to give her an even bigger smile. She had never been told that by anyone but her dad, at least not on a regular basis.

"Thank you. I'm having so much fun." Allie was glad to hear that, she wanted nothing more than for Casie to enjoy her time. "What are you going to do with your hair?" Allie hadn't even thought about it, too busy watching Casie have the time of her life.

"Well, what do you think I should do?" Casie stared at her for a long time, pondering what look she thought would look best. Allie had never really done anything with her hair before so this was going to be a new experience.

"I think you should do bright red. It would look great with your green eyes." That was a drastic change from her dark hair but she was going to trust the process and Casie. She just really hoped that this would turn out as good as Casie thought it would.

"Bright red it is." Allie let out a light laugh as the hair dresser began the first step, bleaching Allie's hair.

After about twenty minutes, Allie noticed Casie texting someone, a different kind of smile on her face. It looked as if she put her thumbs on sport mode with how fast she was typing and Allie could see the name with hearts next to it. "Who's Jaden?" Allie whispered, earning an embarrassed look from the girl.

"A friend." Casie quickly responded before immediately putting her phone away. Allie could see what was going on here and she figured that Casie wanted her dad to have zero knowledge about this boy and thought Allie would tell him.

"Do you put hearts next to all of your friends names?" Allie wanted to laugh so bad but settled for a smile instead, deciding to reassure the scared looking girl. "Don't worry, I won't tell your dad. Who is he really?"

"He's a boy that I like from school. He's really nice to me. He walks me to class and sits with me at lunch." Casie confessed, her smile quickly returning at the very mention of this boy.

"Is he cute?" Allie felt as if things were going very well between her and Casie and she was really happy about it. Her nervousness vanished a long time ago, she was now comfortable around her just like Casie was.

Casie unlocked her phone and showed Allie the picture of Jaden that she had on her lock screen. He was a foot taller than Casie and had a really nice olive complexion. He had a nice smile and looked like a really nice kid. "He is adorable, and he's on the soccer team?"

"He also has no idea who my dad is which is a plus. I'm used to having friends ask me about my dad. Makes me feel like they only want to be my friend because of my dad. Jaden isn't like that though. I think he likes me for me."

"Why don't you give him a shot? He could be your first boyfriend." Casie quickly shook her head and put her phone away again. Allie wasn't sure what was stopping Casie although she had a good idea.

"Dad won't let me have a boyfriend. Not until I'm in my forties. I'll be old by then!" Casie crossed her arms over her chest and sank down in the salon chair before rolling her eyes. Allie wanted to laugh because that's how she felt when she was that age and liked a boy.

"Your dad is so dramatic. He's going to have to get over it eventually. Hopefully I will still be around to keep him in line." Casie let out the first laugh of the day before the hairdresser came to rinse out the bleach.

*****

Once Allie and Casie made it to Chuck-E Cheese, they received quite the look from Colson as expected. He was wide eyed and definitely not expecting their hair to be completely different. "Wow. There's definitely a lot going on here." Colson was smiling so Allie took that as a good sign.

"You look fantastic. Your mom might be pissed though." Colson added to Casie before she got distracted by Ryker and immediately dropped to her knees and gave him a hug. Colson turned to look at Allie this time, his smile turning into more of a smirk. "Red is definitely super sexy on you." Allie shoved him away, reminding him that kids were around.

"Come on, Ryker! They have a ball pit!" Casie shouted with an excited expression before picking the toddler up into her arms and heading off to play. Allie took a deep breath once again before getting lost in her thoughts now that she was alone with Colson.

What Casie told Allie shouldn't be kept from her father. It would be wrong of Allie to not tell him. Allie kept asking herself 'what if there was a chance that Colson could get full custody and this could go better?' and that question made her realize she had to tell him.

Allie turned to face Colson who was keeping a close eye on the kids, making sure Ryker didn't get submerged in the ball pit. Casie never let go of the boy for this exact reason. Colson told her to make sure nothing happened. "I need to talk to you about something Casie told me today."

Allie definitely had his attention, he was looking at her with furrowed eyebrows, taking this very seriously. "What do you mean? What did she say?" She took a moment to figure out how to word this. She wasn't even sure if he already knew or not.

"Casie told me that her mom hadn't called or texted to check in on her since she left her house." Allie could already tell that Colson was getting mad just by the way his jaw tightened. She almost didn't want to continue, but she was in too deep now.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Was Casie trying to get ahold of her?" Allie nodded as a response to his question, watching as Colson began to pull his phone out. Allie grabbed his hand to stop him, wanting him to know the full story before he called her.

"She also walked to the airport because her mom was at work. She didn't want to miss the flight and her mom didn't show up in time." Colson was raging on the inside. He immediately dialed her number before walking out of the restaurant.

Allie hoped she didn't just cause a war even though it was obvious that she had. There was nothing she could do to stop it now that she had already told him. There was no stopping him when he was mad so she didn't even try.

A/N:

I lied this is the last chapter for tonight lmfaoooo