FIVE

Colson: hey are you busy?

Allie: im at work. why?

Colson: what time do you get off? we need to talk.

Allie: we don't need to talk. you do.

Colson: allie you can't be mad at me for something i had no idea about.

Allie: im not mad at you.

Colson: you sure seem like you are.

Allie: if i say im not mad then im not mad.

Colson: i can sense the attitude.

Allie: just pick me up at my house at 4. ask rook for the address.

Allie: im going back to work. bye.

Allie walked over to her boss when it was around three in the afternoon and took her tips out of her apron before she took it off and hung it up on the hook by the office door. "I have to take off early. Family emergency. I hope that's fine."

Her boss didn't even look up from his chrome book, he was scrolling through endless emails. "That's fine, Allie. We are slow anyway. Have a good day." Allie thanked him before she went to the time clock and clocked out for the day.

Once she arrived at home, she went straight up the stairs to her bedroom before sifting through her clothes to find something to wear.

After giving many outfit possibilities a look of disgust, she decided on a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, a baby blue crop top that said 'fuck off' and a black leather jacket. She slid into some black pumps before letting her hair down from her messy bun.

She didn't bother putting on makeup, not really a big fan of the need people seemed to have for it. She didn't see it as a necessity.

Colson climbed out of the car once he arrived at his destination and made his way up to her front door before lifting a hand to knock. He had no clue what he was going to say to her, he was drawing a blank. He never really had this problem with girls.

As soon as she opened the door and came into view, his pulse quickened as his eyes looked her over, his lips slightly parting as he struggled to find the words to say. "You look amazing." He simply stated and even though she hated it, she smiled.

"You don't look so bad yourself." He was wearing jeans as well with a black long sleeved shirt. His nails were painted black and white and his blonde hair was even shaggier than it was the last time she saw him.

"Come on. Let's go for a drive." He extended his hand out to her in a friendly manor to which she hesitated for a moment before rolling her eyes playfully and reaching out to take his hand in her own.

She locked the front door behind her and walked down the steps that lead to the driveway, her heels clicking on each stone step. Colson lead her over to the passengers side of the car and opened the door for her, a simple act of kindness that made her heart skip a beat.

Once they were on the road, she shifted in her seat to face him, curiosity shining in her eyes as she stared at the side of his face. "What did you want to talk to me about?" She had been curious to know this before she ever even left work.

Colson turned his head to look at her for only a second, but noticed so much in that short time. The way her hair was blowing around in the wind, the way she hated it blowing in her face, and the way she looked so comfortable being around him.

He wished he wasn't in such a complicated situation. He wished he could be with her, she didn't seem like the type to freak out over nothing and start silly arguments. "Actually, I was hoping you would do the talking."

"You realized you invited me to have this talk, right?" They were driving through town now, Colson looking for places to take her that weren't fast food. Colson couldn't help but smile at her smart remark.

"I know. But I wanted you to tell me what's been going on in your head since you found out I had a girlfriend." Allie didn't necessarily want to have this conversation with him. She would rather just hang out like normal friends would.

She let out a deep sigh as she turned to look out the windshield when she noticed that he really wanted this. She was already in the car, she might as well talk to him about it. "It's honestly not that big of a deal. It's not like I was super into you. You have a girlfriend. We are friends. I can move on."

He really hoped she didn't mean any of that. He wanted to be with her guilt free and work on building a connection. But if keeping her around meant having to be her friend, then so be it. "Good. I'm glad you understand."

She really wanted to just open her door and hurl herself into traffic to get out of this awkward situation she was in. "Let me take you out for coffee to make it up to you." She did like coffee and what was really the harm in that?

"Okay, fine. If it will help you find closure." She joked with a half smile, Colson felt as if his heart dropped out of his ass. He had never felt this bummed in his life. He just might have already fucked up any chance with her.