Chapter Ten

When we get home, we only spend a little time together before we eat dinner and everyone breaks off to do their own things

When we get home, we only spend a little time together before we eat dinner and everyone breaks off to do their own things. The Queens decide to step outside onto the back porch with a set of tea, Caine disappears into mist onto my arm, and Rue heads up with Tank. He had offered to carry the rest of her bags up to her room. I had raised a brow at his helpfulness, but he seemed more lethargic, and I was told he had a workout to get out some aggression. Jaxon hadn't shown back up, I assume he'd be taking time to actually think about what he's asking. It's one thing to become something different, but then he'd be binding himself to me. And I still had to think about it myself. He could be useful, he was attractive, but I still didn't know him.

Bjorn grabs my hand, pulling me out of my thoughts, and starts me towards the stairs. I turn towards where Kat and Vinny are. I had taken her as a Blood almost a full day ago and I haven't had a chance to have any time with her. "Kat I'd like to talk to you."

Both her brows go up, and then a smirk takes over her mouth. "Of course my Queen."

Bjorn and I move upstairs, Kat catching up behind us, Bjorn leads us down the hall to my room. When we get into my room, I sit up on the edge of my bed, looking back to Kat who is looking over the room like she's trying to memorize it. Bjorn moves around to the other side of the bed, sitting against the headboard. I bite my lip and look between the two. "I don't know where either of you are from."

"Where we were born or where we were before we found you?" Bjorn asks.

"Both," I answer. Kat moves over to the closet, takes off her jacket, and hangs it on the door.

"I will answer both, but does the Alpha wish to go first?" She asks looking at Bjorn.

He gives her a nod, she starts walking closer, to the edge of the bed. I move to sit against the headboard like Bjorn so I can see both of them better. "I was born in Norway, in a small city pretty far north. My parents are Serfs, the Queen isn't the most powerful but she holds her own enough for her own territory. Nathan was from a neighboring Queen, who is friendly with my birth Queen, we were friends from a young age. When I decided to move to America, he came with me. We found Vinny shortly after, we have been just getting by until one of us was called, then the others would ask to be considered for Blood or at least Serfs until they got their own Queens call."